Doodle Gallery

rcleary171

I am a doodler. It helps me to concentrate and reduces stress. Not sure why but I like doodling. So here's a thread for anyone to share their stuff. No artistic talent necessary. Just the joy to express oneself with a piece of paper and a humble pencil (or whatever media you prefer).

Too hot to do anything outside so I drew a wild horse.

Doodle 1.jpg

Howdy, doodle! As a small boy, in the early 50's, I would go with my Mom to visit her Aunt and Uncle. Uncle Bob was always at the kitchen table with his radio, crossword puzzle and pad and pencil. He would doodle geometric shapes, including endless "slinkys", circles, diamonds, etc, all tightly filling the small tablet!

The only time I find myself doodling, is when on the phone, with a pad and pen. When the call is finished, I see an assortment of Arrows, Lightning bolts, Pyramids, Zig-Zags, etc, among the names, times, dates and other info collected from the call! I am always sorta amazed!

https://www.howjoyful.com/why-we-doodle/

Last edited:
Doodling is fun! I call it "spewing". I just scribble sketch whatever comes to mind.

Last October, I got into making GIFs, short animations, and find creating them is as satisfying as other spontaneous expressions.

Here's an example:

appear.gif

GIFs are amazingly easy to do, and what I've seen of the talent on this thread alone, I'm sure you all could make these short animations.

I will assist anyone who is interested.

Double Doodles II
doodle-coffee-double-ii_u-l-q1b2w6y0.jpg

Howdy, doodle! As a small boy, in the early 50's, I would go with my Mom to visit her Aunt and Uncle. Uncle Bob was always at the kitchen table with his radio, crossword puzzle and pad and pencil. He would doodle geometric shapes, including endless "slinkys", circles, diamonds, etc, all tightly filling the small tablet!

The only time I find myself doodling, is when on the phone, with a pad and pen. When the call is finished, I see an assortment of Arrows, Lightning bolts, Pyramids, Zig-Zags, etc, among the names, times, dates and other info collected from the call! I am always sorta amazed!

https://www.howjoyful.com/why-we-doodle/
My first husband would do that. With him i knew it was because he'd suppressed graphic art talent at around 10 or 12. Long story, but after one of those childish decisions/proclamations kids make to never do something again he channeled all his creativity into writing. But when on the phone he'd subconsciously doodle. Damn, he was good. Even better than his writing, which was good.

Claude Monet
074_Monet-2-1068x1585.jpg

"I love the use of doodling in this autograph letter by Claude Monet. It was written to his art supplier while painting his very famous Water Lilies series. In this letter he is ordering a dozen flat brushes that he needs in order to complete his works. He sketches the brush, to ensure nothing gets lost in translation, demonstrating the exact dimensions of the flat paintbrush. I love seeing this impressionist painter doodle for a very practical purpose". >>Caren Strauss-Schulson

The Grocery List Sketched by Michelangelo

"According to Michelangelo’s shopping list, genius thrives on a diet of fish, bread, and lots of wine".

........"this 500-year-old list was written and illustrated by the sculptor/painter/poet/personality on the back of a letter. Michelangelo’s servant was likely illiterate, so Michelangelo sketched out what he wanted to eat". (Read More)

image.jpg

Back