Dreams are crazy!

My dreams are always pretty organized. I have a lot of prophetic dreams. A few months later they are my reality.
My angel takes me to studies and classes very often. We fly there! I learn things.
I meet people from all over the world but we can communicate, no matter our language.
Sometimes I meet people from other worlds who talk about the trouble Earth is in and how they will come to help.
I never have had a nighmare. I have had "being lost" dreams though.
Many of my dreams are about looking at other people's artwork and being amazed.
Many of my dreams are of future lives with astonishing inventions and developments! (flying cars, molecular change devices)
I've had "warning" dreams that have saved my life many times.
But, they are structured, organized, clear. with sound and full color. I love dreaming!

Last night I had an unusual one, and just the fact that I had a dream was unusual. As I get older, I don't sleep as much, and this cuts into my dream time. I've read many experts and studies that talk about the importance of sleep and the importance of REM sleep, but I never took it seriously. I often said I get by just fine on 5 hours of sleep. The truth is that I get by, but not as well as I do with a dream filled night of rest. I felt ready and alert this morning after a long crazy dream filled with nonsense and strangers. It did have a story though, and the story was better than some of the most recent action/fantasy movies I've see. Well, maybe not better, but certainly on par.

I have a relative who insists that if you dream of a friend or loved one who has died that person will never actually speak aloud in the dream. I’ve actually found that to be often true. We might communicate but it is never by verbal talk.

Has any one else heard of this, or experienced it? Or is it just coincidental malarkey?

I have a relative who insists that if you dream of a friend or loved one who has died that person will never actually speak aloud in the dream. I’ve actually found that to be often true. We might communicate but it is never by verbal talk.

Has any one else heard of this, or experienced it? Or is it just coincidental malarkey?
Not necessarily coincidental, but it could be an idea you latched onto, and your subconscious dream driver incorporates that into your dream. Why does it do that? Who knows? The subconscious mind is strange, and has agendas that we don't understand. Sigmund Freud, the father of psychotherapy, created a whole new insight into the human mind, but he was way out in left field in naming universal meanings in certain dream images, as well as a few other assumptions that caused may others in the field to consider him an embarrassment. He made some brilliant contributions to our understanding, but he probably made too many assumptions based on anecdotal experiences.

Basically I have no memory of a dream as soon as I wake up. There’s only one tidbit from a repeat dream from years ago. I do know I dream because I waken stressed by them.

Prior to my husband being diagnosed with Parkinson’s, he started having very frantic dreams and then vivid acting out dreams. For some people this a precursor.

I have ocassional repeat dreams, it's kind of a kick because during the dream I'm telling myself what's going to happen. Also very rarely I have been able to manipulate a dream, but I think that only happens right as I'm waking up because it never goes far.

The oldest repeat dream I have is from my childhood. We lived in an old farmhouse with a sandstone foundation and dirt floor in the basement. In my dream I am on the landing coming out of the basement and scared about something, I can see my oldest brother but can't call out for help. Seems like I have that dream every couple of years. Also I still have those stress dreams where I'm in school but can't remember my locker combination or what my next class is.

Most dreams are symbolic not taken literally. If you dream about a famous person it is possible that he represents something to you. No one dreams about a real astronaut. They dream about being free and escaping. As I do.

I don't know. I don't like dreams. I think they are weird. I find mine very distorted but not scary. When I was young, probably 5, I had this repeated dream that I was being chased by an ambulance. Makes me wonder if I died in one in my past life.

I've had the public bathroom dream where all the stalls are gross and I can't find a place to pee. I've had this dream several times. Not sure what that's about.
😲 I thought I was the only one that had that type of recurring dream!
It’s always a public bathroom that is beyond disgusting. Never been sure what it’s about either.

Dreams probably have some significance, since they are generated by our brains, so they should tell us something about ourselves. I had thought that in the past, anyway. In a discussion a few years ago, someone said they believed dreams had no meaning, but were just an arbitrary jumble of thoughts and images. Each of us had a belief, but as in almost all situations, neither had definitive truth. I wondered how all those dreams I had, some leading to startling personal insights, could possibly be random, and I did come upon a reasonable explanation (although certainly not to the level of truth):

It's a fact that you can gain personal insights through meaningless randomness. That's exactly how a Rorschach Inkblot Test works. Another person listening into the conversation admitted to using Tarot Cards, which she actually owned, to understand herself. She adamantly denied that Tarot Cards were imbued with any magical properties. But the random scenarios created in her mind helped her in her investigation of self. If we can understand why we create such meaning, we can know more about ourselves.

I still don't know if dreams tell us anything, but it's possible the patterns we think we see may lead us to personal insights, and make us believe the dream is leading us there.

I'll never forget a dream I had when I was about 4 years old. I used to put all my dolls at the end of my bed when it time to go to bed. I dreamt all my dolls got up and started walking towards me, like something out of a horror movie. I must have been screaming because my mother came in to wake me up! 😱

"I've read also, that when you're seeing someone in a dream, you know who it is, but you can't actually see a face."
This part, I don't agree with, though it might be true of some people. I see faces. If people didn't, how would they know who they were dreaming about? I also have conjured up faces in my dreams, so I don't agree with @Nathan, who said "that your mind is unable to manufacture a face image." Once, I had what seemed like over a hundred faces that flashed in my sleeping mind like a book of portraits with the pages being flipped. The last part may have been triggered from my photographer days - I was always fascinated by faces and "designed" 3D heads.

Is anyone else sure they can see and conjure faces?

After my husband died, I saw him in a few dreams and although he did not talk to me, I understood him. I have seen a couple of dreams with my late father, and he spoke to me in both dreams. In the first dream, he was in a large garden, and he said to me "The time is closer than you think." (or something like that. It has been at least 15 years since I saw that dream). The most recent dream with my father was that he was seated at the kitchen table and he asked me to take/drive him somewhere. I went into my room to change, and then I woke up. My mother told me it was good I did not go with him.

I've always enjoyed how your brain can take different events, jumble them together and create dreams. I love to analyze dreams and see if I can piece things together.

Last night I had a dream about two kids I knew back in middle school. We were in a mall and Vicky was chasing Eddy around because she loved him. I have not thought of these kids in 45 years, we never hung out together, certainly never went to a mall together.

How in the world did my brain dig them up? Their names and faces? And then create a scenario that never happened? It's crazy for sure.
Dreams are really fascinating! Like others here, I also would look at how you felt during the dream. Also, did these two kids symbolize something? Youth? Nostalgia? Sometimes our brain tries to resolve issues by bringing them up during sleep.
Years ago, I used to keep a dream diary near my bed at one point and used to jot down my dreams as soon as I had them. Talking about many sleepless nights!

My dreams are always pretty organized. I have a lot of prophetic dreams. A few months later they are my reality.
My angel takes me to studies and classes very often. We fly there! I learn things.
I meet people from all over the world but we can communicate, no matter our language.
Sometimes I meet people from other worlds who talk about the trouble Earth is in and how they will come to help.
I never have had a nighmare. I have had "being lost" dreams though.
Many of my dreams are about looking at other people's artwork and being amazed.
Many of my dreams are of future lives with astonishing inventions and developments! (flying cars, molecular change devices)
I've had "warning" dreams that have saved my life many times.
But, they are structured, organized, clear. with sound and full color. I love dreaming!
Wow! It's amazing how you've had prophetic dreams, especially the warning dreams that have saved your life!

My mother is like that. If she has a bad dream about us (her children) she will call and check to make sure we're all right. I also have had prophetic dreams, but I didn't know they were prophetic until they happened! For example, before I married my husband, I had a dream about him and his mother. It was amazing.

I was staying overnight at someone's house because of a snowstorm and ended up in a room with all their antiques and old stuff LOL

Back