Dresser Scarf

So adorable and I have never seen that pattern. Did you or a family member stitch it?
I don't think so. Knowing my mom's penchant for garage sales, she probably got it for me at one to give as a Christmas gift a LONG time ago. I also may have bought it myself, but it was so long ago, I can't say for sure.

Do these sell? It’s been many years since my last garage sale and hand made doilies & stitched scarves were donated at the end of the day. Those who appreciated them had no use for them either.

Do these sell? It’s been many years since my last garage sale and hand made doilies & stitched scarves were donated at the end of the day. Those who appreciated them had no use for them either.
I think they do. Unfortunately the right people didn't come to your sale. Like me. :) I see people buy them at thrift stores including me.

I discovered this under a dresser upstairs. It's probably been there for decades. I tried the same method I used to clean the dresser scarf, but this is stained beyond recovery, at least by my method. Too bad, it's kind of pretty. It has some snap closures on the back. I'm pretty sure it's a detachable collar to some garment. Which, I can't say now.

collar.jpg

They can be used to make interesting, inexpensive little works of art.

52a4c2757122fa61fec3f4df50873d35.jpg
1400113124816nfhe.JPG

They can be used to make interesting, inexpensive little works of art.
Excellent idea.

Most of mine are gone. I do still have my mother’s table cloth that she made. I think I’ve only put it out once while we were on vacation. We eat at the dining room table so don’t want to be removing it daily.

Then later on sometime in the future, if you find yourself suddenly and unexpectedly short on tea bags,

you could just dip a corner of it, into the hot water in your cup, for tea. :giggle::sneaky::LOL:

I am only being humorous, @Sliverfox :)
I actually think that's a great suggestion, and good for many items! (y)

My mother was clever with crafts,, she did that with one or things to change the color .
With deb's dresser scarf it might hide the stains.

I've got several projects that I've started & never finished.
One being quilt blocks which have pictures of state birds & flowers to embroidery.

Mother started it using single embroidery thread for flowers & birds.
Over the pandemic I did a few more squares.
I never picked it up over last winter to do more squares.

I think because my sons will have no interest in what 'fancy work' I've done discourages me.
Daughter in law not interested,, would probably try to sell it.

@Sliverfox
(and others if this applies to you as well)

I have the same difficulty that you wrote about in your post in this thread , that having no one who will welcome and value, in the future,
any sewing or other craft projects that I might do, has taken most of the fun and interest and motivation, away from doing them.

About your squares that were meant for a quilt, I wonder if you'd be more able to enjoy them yourself for a while,
if you focused on making them into individual wall hangings,
or small (even reversible) throw pillows, rather than continuing with such a large project as was originally intended for them.

Back