Dry eyes

Lc jones

Does anyone here at the forum experience dry eyes? If so what are some of the remedies that you have tried? I have used Refresh eyedrops but I believe the condition is getting worse so I have an appointment with my eye doctor to explore some other options.

Docs say it's from holding our eyes open too long looking at screens and the tear ducts atrophy. They say you should squeeze your eyes shut periodically throughout the day, followed by holding them as wide as you can for a few seconds. It's supposed to help get the tears flowing. I squeeze them shut for 10 sec and hold the wide for five. End up with tears flowing down my cheeks. I do about 3-5 times a day.

My eyes water when I'm out in the winter cold.

I mentioned it to my eye doctor and he said it was due to dry eyes.

He recommended Bausch & Lomb Soothe XP but I've chosen to live with it and let the tears do the work that they were intended to do.

Docs say it's from holding our eyes open too long looking at screens and the tear ducts atrophy. They say you should squeeze your eyes shut periodically throughout the day, followed by holding them as wide as you can for a few seconds. It's supposed to help get the tears flowing. I squeeze them shut for 10 sec and hold the wide for five. End up with tears flowing down my cheeks. I do about 3-5 times a day.
That is a great tip! Thanks so much🥰

Does anyone here at the forum experience dry eyes? If so what are some of the remedies that you have tried? I have used Refresh eyedrops but I believe the condition is getting worse so I have an appointment with my eye doctor to explore some other options.
It is an issue for me as well, and pollen season always makes it worse. Refresh is a pretty good brand and I use it several times a day at this time of year.

I’ve been dealing with this for 15 years. They have me on Xiidra drops. It has some some chemical that does something with T cells. Burns like h**l. Without insurance it’s $400. My insurance covers it. I’m going to stop them. I don’t like the thought of the price even though insurance pays, they are just drops for gosh sakes. I don’t like putting more rx chemicals into my body. The dr told me about Freshkote. They say it really works. I haven’t tried them yet. It’s behind the counter but not an rx. Hope this helps. Have you tried tear duct plugs?

I have had dry eyes most of my life. I use them every day, no problem.

So, the other day I bought Blink eye drops made by a famous company because it was on sale from
12.00 to 5.00. At home I saw that my private label one dollar drops actually had more of the active
chemical for the eye than the other one did--and tiny bit bigger bottle. But Blink is packaged much better
and promises to be more effective. Deception.

Visine and red eye drops do not work for me.

I've always had dry eyes. Every morning, I use "Refresh" drops before blinking because my eyes feel like there is sand in them. On windy days, it's worse. "Refresh" also has a thicker drop called "Optive Advanced" that I use on those days.

I was diagnosed with dry eyes about a year ago after I'd had my eyes tested , and I was given some ointment to use morning and night, but I only used it a couple of times, so like @Aunt Bea , I just let nature take it's course. I could cry at the drop of a hat lol... I seem to be fine !!

Can't remember the name I'd have to go look....

That is a great tip! Thanks so much🥰

Guess what it’s already working! I am so excited and happy thanks again for that wonderful tip!😂😂

Guess what it’s already working! I am so excited and happy thanks again for that wonderful tip!😂😂
Do the exercise a few times then let your eyes recover before doing it again. As with any other workout, doing it too often can cause irritation. Glad it gave you some relief. ☺

Refresh is a good brand, been using them for years. Refresh Optive is more soothing than Tears (and more expensive), but I've been using it regularly now. Refresh Optive Advanced had the added ingredient of Glycerin, and was the most expensive version. I go back and forth between the last two now....Tears just isn't soothing enough anymore.

I live in a semi-arid climate, so eyes and skin always get dry. Plus I have seasonal allergies (hay fever) which makes my eyes itch and extra dry.

Blah dry eyes. My lower eyelids have begun sagging outward so I can't close then completely anymore. As I get older, I'll probably have to use some heavy duty ointment at night at some point.

My eyes were fine until I moved from Kalifornia to Las Vegas. Went through a bunch of treatment (which likely did nothing other than line the doctor's pockets) and now I use Restatis. Very expensive even with insurance but I buy the generic from Canada. It's about $15/mo and although I do supplement with OTC drops, my eyes are much better now.

Rick

Thank you!

Back