During Your Working Years, Did You Prefer a Male or Female Boss?

Like most, I had both over the years and I liked many of them.

That being said the best boss I ever had was a woman! She was fair, well informed, interested in her staff, she led by example and was consistent. On top of all of that, she was very attractive, and funny at times...! She enjoyed her work and it showed!

I hope she did well in life...as I have lost track of her. She is one of those people you hope, had a very good life, because she made my life good when I was working with her...

Same here, with exceptions. Even bosses are individuals. Hell, I was a boss for a lot of years. I probably had more problems with supervisors that I managed than problems from uphill.

There the most difficult were female supervisors with mostly female workers. "Little mothers" sure can be petty and vindictive.

All that said, I had some weird cases like a female boss who basically "made me carry her purse" for her a time or two. It is hard to testosterone your way out of the stench of "woman's purse" on you, let me tell you. The other wolves can smell it all over you.
Little Mother’s. 😂🤣😎 LOL!

I'm going to go in depth (as always). :ROFLMAO: I think it really depends on the circumstances. I've had good and horrible bosses of both genders.

I had male bosses in the 90's that were misogynistic and oppressive. They looked down on females. I was relatively meek in my 30's, so they took every opportunity to put me down. I also had a female boss in the 90's that loved me and invited me to her house and to dinner with her husband, but she was bi-polar and would climb over anyone to get to the top. She gave me an award for being top of my department, but when I was promoted to another department she told everyone I had "short timer's attitude".

In the 2000's, I had a female boss who was all business and tough as nails. She would call me in my home office on Monday to touch base. She would never ask about my family or how my weekend was, but she offered great guidance and made decisions that moved the company forward. She was truly the best boss I've ever had. She passed away unexpectedly and was replaced by another female boss that would call me and spend lots of time asking how I was doing, but she didn't have a clue as to my department or how to run the business. She was the worst boss I've ever had.

Due to her inability to run the company, she was replaced by a gay male boss that had originally hired me at my company. He was brilliant at team-building and understood the business. He became the president of the company. I had two bosses under him. One was a straight male who was brilliant and appreciated me for my experience. He's reached out to me in retirement with employment opportunities. The other was a gay male who was serious about the business and was admired in the industry but was only out for himself. I've not heard from him since I retired.

So, it runs the spectrum.
How does sexual orientation ever come up in a business/job relationship? That quality of definition seems important to you. Why? I've had many bosses in a variety of businesses and in a variety of hierarchies and their sexual orientation was never defined to anyone. For me and the situation is was an unimportant issue. Why should it be important?

How does sexual orientation ever come up in a business/job relationship? That quality of definition seems important to you. Why? I've had many bosses in a variety of businesses and in a variety of hierarchies and their sexual orientation was never defined to anyone. For me and the situation is was an unimportant issue. Why should it be important?
It came up because my boss was gay and so am I. I and My hubby socialized with him and his hubby after he hired me. That wasn't why he hired me nor why he promoted me. It was because I was good at what I did, but it certainly made for a stronger bond.

Actually, I think understanding anyone's personal circumstances is important in some business relationships. I managed a group of salespeople and I knew about most of their personal lives (married, single, gay, etc.) It made me a better boss because I truly had an understanding of their lives and understood what motivated them, along with any possible limitations.

Back