Easiest Hard boiled Eggs

katlupe

SF VIP
Making hard boiled eggs in an Instant Pot makes a dreaded job so easy! Many recipes online give the formula of 5-5-5- which is 5 minutes to cook, 5 minutes to release and 5 minutes to cool. This is better 2-15-10. Perfect for me every time. No cracked eggs.

Put the eggs on the rack inside the inner pot. Add 1 cup of plain water to the pot. Close making sure you have the gasket in the lid and turn the knob on top to sealing......NOT venting! Push manual or pressure for 2 minutes. When it is done let it sit with lapse time on for 15 minutes. Then if it has not released the pressure yet (mine always has) do a forced release.

Have a pot of ice cold water waiting and put the eggs into that immediately. Let them sit for 10-15 minutes in it.

That is it. You are done. They are very easy to peel, even days after having been refrigerated.

To peel, hit each end on the counter and then roll the egg to crack the shell.........but not too hard. The shell usually comes off in on big piece or a few pieces.

I will be making this today or tomorrow and will post photos of doing it.

Thanks! I have hard boiled eggs for breakfast every day, so I'm always looking for the best way to cook them so the peeling will be smooth.

Have a pot of ice cold water waiting and put the eggs into that immediately. Let them sit for 10-15 minutes in it.

I do this abrupt temperature switch, immediately after any hard-boiled egg method,
and I even switch out the water (If it's just very cold tap water with no ice available)
to make it as cold as possible, and it helps the shell come off better, but not %100 better. :sneaky:;)

I don't know if you do that, @Nathan or if you've tried it.
Again, not perfect, but better than no immediate cold, from my experiences.

I boil for 12 minutes, put under cold running water for 2 minutes, pat dry and sit for 2 minutes and then peel. Works well most of the time but I think some of it has to do with the egg itself.

I bring a pot of water to a boil and gently lower the cold eggs into it on a spoon. Simmer, not boil, for 13 minutes then lift them out into a bowl of ice cubes and water. I let them sit in the ice bath for 5 minutes and peel them or put them into the refrigerator and peel them as needed. No problems with peeling or green outer rings.

Making hard boiled eggs in an Instant Pot makes a dreaded job so easy! Many recipes online give the formula of 5-5-5- which is 5 minutes to cook, 5 minutes to release and 5 minutes to cool. This is better 2-15-10. Perfect for me every time. No cracked eggs.

Put the eggs on the rack inside the inner pot. Add 1 cup of plain water to the pot. Close making sure you have the gasket in the lid and turn the knob on top to sealing......NOT venting! Push manual or pressure for 2 minutes. When it is done let it sit with lapse time on for 15 minutes. Then if it has not released the pressure yet (mine always has) do a forced release.

That is it. You are done. They are very easy to peel, even days after having been refrigerated.

To peel, hit each end on the counter and then roll the egg to crack the shell.........but not too hard. The shell usually comes off in on big piece or a few pieces.

I will be making this today or tomorrow and will post photos of doing it.
That’s the first thing we did with our Instant Pot. It works just like you say katlupe. Nice and easy.

I don't have an instant pot.
The instructions I received was to put the eggs in a pot and cover them with an inch of water.
Then bring the pot to a boil. Then cover the pot and leave it on the stove with the element turned off. Depending on how hard you want them anywhere from 8 to 10 minutes. It's something you have to experiment with depending on how you like the eggs.

I have a very very old sunbeam egg cooker I’d say is 40+ years old ( it has a cotton type covered cord ) you only add a tiny bit of water depending on how you want them cooked , and they are cooked to perfection every time I use it, it holds 8 eggs

it was actually made in Australia........to be honest I don’t even know what a instant pot is

I don't have an instant pot.
The instructions I received was to put the eggs in a pot and cover them with an inch of water.
Then bring the pot to a boil. Then cover the pot and leave it on the stove with the element turned off. Depending on how hard you want them anywhere from 8 to 10 minutes. It's something you have to experiment with depending on how you like the eggs.
That was the way I used to do mine.

Thanks old medic
I will have to look them up , it’s not as if I need or want any extras in the cupboard just curious
They might not be available in your country yet. I saw on a YouTube channel where someone mentioned that. I use it for most of my cooking as I do not ever use the electric stove that is in my apartment.

Instant_pot.JPG
Sorry to those members that did not know what an Instant Pot is. It is an electric pressure cooker but does much more. I use it for many things including making bacon and eggs on the saute option.

View attachment 145214
Sorry to those members that did not know what an Instant Pot is. It is an electric pressure cooker but does much more. I use it for many things including making bacon and eggs on the saute option.
Thanks @katlupe I looked them up and yes we have them but they are mainly advertised as electric pressure cookers .or all in one cooker , I seen one inthe best cookers listed as an instant pot

https://cosier.co/reviews/best-pressure-cooker

Back