EEEKKK - More rage and frustration

Stop packing and start arranging things in your new home. I gather you moved your favourite items first. Take your absolutely necessary items for the kitchen and put them away. Just because you may have cutlery for 20, if you don’t need it, don’t take it. Get as much of the furniture over there as you can.

When you know what you must have, organize the old house so it’s passable for sellers walking through. They say buyers like to see what a home will look like. They may even want to buy some of the antique furniture.

Stop packing and start arranging things in your new home. I gather you moved your favourite items first. Take your absolutely necessary items for the kitchen and put them away. Just because you may have cutlery for 20, if you don’t need it, don’t take it. Get as much of the furniture over there as you can.

When you know what you must have, organize the old house so it’s passable for sellers walking through. They say buyers like to see what a home will look like. They may even want to buy some of the antique furniture.
It is a conundrum. I can't move my bookcases until I clear them off. When I do and move the boxes to the other house, there's no room left to move anything else. I took these photos a few weeks ago, so double that now.

new2.jpgnew3.jpgnew4.jpg

Start by packing up the goods on the shelves you want to move. Leave all those boxes in your old house. Take the shelves to the new home and paint them all the same colour if they don’t already match.

When you place items on the shelves, make certain there’s a theme to what you’re doing. Don’t just place thing on a shelf just to get it out of the box. If you have extras for the shelf of teacups, leave them packed and continue setting up a new themed shelves. Once the first things are placed, take a deep breath and decide if you really need the rest.

Go back to the old house and re-evaluate everything. Do you really need it or just want it. It’s tough but necessary to get off to a clean start.

I agree with @Jules... and I don't want to seem to be mean Deb, one man's treasures etc... but really most of that stuff looks like junk...

You gotta start off with a whole new slate with just the stuff you love.. don't give yourself an even harder job when you're in your 70's and not necessarily in the best of health and stuck with a hoarders paradise, having to find ways of living in amongst a house full of Tat & useless junk...

Last edited:
I think that's why my sales have, for the most part, flopped. People's tastes have changed and nowadays they are looking for more useful and practical items, not "collectibles" so much.
precisely, and in reality you don't want to have to take all that stuff to the new house and then potentially have to try and sell them on the lawn of your new place...the neighbours might not be too keen...

It is entertaining the ongoing description of where to put "valuable collectibles". Instead of reaping a few dollars from those "valuable collectibles" paying to get rid of what people won't buy falls into the category of sweaty palms parting with money.

Surely one of the many junk removal [ sorry "valuable collectibles" removal services] would show up.

https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=junk+removal+stillwater+ny&fr=yfp-t-s&ei=UTF-8&fp=1

Extremely unlikely Deb will part with anything, since storage space is a problem Deb could stack the excess outside her garage & cover it with a tarp. That could actually be a time & physical effort saver when she holds her next sale. Uncover the "valuable collectibles" & line it up in the drive way.

What are we going to do for Entertainment once our Deb moves in to the new house finally.... and all the drama is over... :sneaky:
No worries there will be months of sorting, questions about furniture arrangement, best supplies for internal & external upkeep of new property, spring yard sales, summer yard sales, fall yard sales, cost of anything that could have sold if people were interested. Plus the acquisition of more stuff from what other people put out for free. We have lots to look forward to.

yes that would be great fun.. but poor Deb, she's working so hard all by herself I wish we could help her...
We could start a GoFundME to pay for someone to come and hall away all the junk she has that she will not let go of.

Back