EEEKKK - More rage and frustration

My insurance agent said to get a junk removal company. Back to square one.
Have you discussed this with junk removal companies? Not salvage companies, but junk removal that would consider the freezer a total loss and charge you labor and dumping charges.

Since your house is older than the freezer, the home obviously wasn't built around it. Ergo, what was brought in can be brought out. If it had been emptied promptly, the freezer could have been removed then - or now - without too much difficulty.

The major problem is the toxic stew that's been brewing inside that freezer.

p.s. I would have been shocked out of my socks if your insurance covered the removal. It's standard household maintenance to immediately empty freezers when they stop working, toss the contents, and remove the freezer in question.

Golly I am so curious now about the contents of the freezer. Maybe everything had been well wrapped in a couple layers of plastic and the freezer would be full (or partially only maybe?) of sealed packages and some stagnant water from melted ice?

This thread motivated me to throw away some old stuff from my refrigerator's freezer, bags of frozen prepared garden produce that my mother had done (she died 6 yrs ago).

Golly I am so curious now about the contents of the freezer. Maybe everything had been well wrapped in a couple layers of plastic and the freezer would be full (or partially only maybe?) of sealed packages and some stagnant water from melted ice?
From the brief glance I had when Junk King opened it, I doubt your speculation is correct. ;)

Probably a satellite service.

Now I have almost the same problem with my trash service. I called them today and said I would be moving to a new address. They said that would entail setting up a new account. They emailed me the info to register and it asked for my statement number. I have no idea what that is, so it required another call to the company. The next person I spoke with said I would be mailed a statement in February with that number on it. I am still at a loss to explain why I need a new account - why can't they just keep using my previous one for the new address?

I am still at a loss to explain why I need a new account - why can't they just keep using my previous one for the new address?
I've had companies do that before. Not a huge problem, especially when we were setting up a service at the new place that we were still using at the old place.

Your statement number ... is that your account number? If so, it should be on your (what I presume are) monthly statements.

@debodun with regard to the cable company, "No" is a complete sentence. Just say no, that you want the same service as you've had in the past at the old address and that you don't wish to change anything, period.

Who knows why the trash service insists on setting up a new account. Who cares? If it's the way they do things, then it's the way they do things. Get the statement number or whatever it's called from your previous payment and fill out their silly forms. Done.

No need to add more stress to the already stressful move!

Now I have almost the same problem with my trash service. I called them today and said I would be moving to a new address. They said that would entail setting up a new account. They emailed me the info to register and it asked for my statement number. I have no idea what that is, so it required another call to the company. The next person I spoke with said I would be mailed a statement in February with that number on it. I am still at a loss to explain why I need a new account - why can't they just keep using my previous one for the new address?
?????? I have no idea! I would expect that you would need to change your account info, and nothing more.

The reason they want to set up a new account is your moving out of a certain area with certain trucks & people collecting your trash.
You are moving to a new area & new trucks & guys picking up your trash. Even though it's the same company. They like to know what's being picked up at each location.

Starting fresh rather than mixing addresses in a billing cycle. Seems to me closing an account at the old address then opening an account at the new address is easier than changing the information on an existing account.

Back