Embroidery Artist Makes Beautiful Landscape Scenes

SeaBreeze

Endlessly Groovin'
I thought these were very nice, more here (5 pages).

embroidery-paintings-thread-vera-shimunia-shimunia-47-5a9906731ba23__700.jpg

embroidery-paintings-thread-vera-shimunia-shimunia-29-5a990640c1ba4__700.jpg

embroidery-paintings-thread-vera-shimunia-shimunia-24-5a990636b4a32__700.jpg

That is just beautiful. Since my new interest in sewing I recently made a table runner. Thinking it look rather plain after it was done I decided to embroider the ends. I haven't done embroidery since I was about eight years old and it shows. lol

So much work goes into those, hours and hours. I used to do embroidery work and still have an unfinished tablecloth my grandmother started that I keep looking at and thinking "one day" But probably now if I washed it after all these years it might fall apart.

I still will do a bit of wool embroidery for a pattern on a sweater edge.

Keesha! I'm impressed! It's beautiful. Of the ones SeaBreeze posted, the first one's my favorite. Reminds me of a Monet.

Thanks Lara. I made that for my mom almost 40 years ago.

I thought I’d posted about the intricate embroidery that Seabreeze showed .
It’s incredibly beautiful and is a lot harder to do than the work I did. These ones are done with finer thread and it takes forever. My favourite is the sunflowers but I have to agree that the first one looks like a Monet.
I hope to be able to do this when I get older. I’ll need to use my large magnifying glass but it’s enjoyable work.

Stunning - simply stunning. The colors and the 3D effect are outstanding. It looks like the work of many hours.

Back