End of year rituals or habits

If I'm awake at midnight on New Years Eve, I go outside and bang pots and pans together like my mother's family did.

Also, If I'm awake, I will eat whatever I want; expensive tho' it may be. Who cares about the rest of the year? I could easily go without a meal or three later in the year....if I'm still around.

At this stage of the game, bring on the lobsters and scallops! Let's have some champagne and caviar! Tamale pie sounds good, too.

I don't have to worry about the noise making thing. My nutcase neighbor makes enough noise on New Year's to take care of demons for the whole neighborhood.

And happily, the one neighbor who used to get drunk and go out in his backyard and discharge firearms aimed at the sky moved away and is probably terrorizing another neighborhood.

You mean all these years I could have simply just clinked glasses vs lopping off chicken and goats heads, not to mention searching for virgins to sacrifice!
I'm pretty certain those virgins (assuming you can find any) take a very dim view of being sacrificed.

human_sacrifice_3160665.jpg

Back