Ever wanted to Visit Ireland? Come for a walk around Galway City

I went to Ireland last year as my grandmother was a Finney and from Galway. Unfortunately I got Covid right before reaching Galway and spent 8 days quarantining in a hotel room ☹️.
Oh No... how awful.. what a massive disappointment for you.. did you manage to see any of Ireland once you were well ?

I like these street strolls. It’s the real deal.
My ancestry is from counties Mayo, Donegal, and Cork.
I have never been. My brother has many times and keeps encouraging me to do it.
There is another channel: Jamie Jay Car. He does street interviews. A series named “32 questions, 32 counties”. Hilarious!
It's funny, because here I am virtually next door to where all my ancestors.. and recent grandparents are from.. and I've lived, worked and holidayed in many places in the world.. yet never been to Ireland. Crazy huh ?.. especially as I probably have lots of ancestral relatives there too..

@jet As you wrote that the people were nice, I wonder if you just felt unsure rather than you experienced unpleasantness?
Jet served with the forces in N.Ireland.. as many of my friends did when I was a teen.. they all have some horrific stories to tell.. so get a different viewpoint than visitors.

Did so twice. The first time was for a motorcycle tour of the island. I arrived in Dublin a couple of days early and was able to explore a fairly large part of downtown. Loved it! The secnd time was to go horseback riding in the western part of the Island. It was gorgeous there.I stayed about 10 days each time. I'm 3/4 Irish and found out later that most of my relatives came from the area around Cork.

Back