Facebook membership.

Or many more, lol! Over 50 of my fb friends are family. By the time you add in childhood friends, undergrad, grad school (x2), work friends through the years, friends from clubs ... it adds up!

I don't spend a lot of time there because I've muted a ton of people.
I put many on mute also in the last several months.

I have been on FB for several years..long before this forum. And, yes, I can say I have about 250 "friends". Most of whom I have never met in real life. I play a particular popular game on FB, that requires you to have "teammates" to play with. So, the majority of my friends, are people from this game.
So, people with several hundred "friends" there are taking advantage of the free games there. The game is mainly the only reason I visit these days, and why I would not leave right now.

Last edited:
I've noticed lately that FB is feeding me more and more suggested content. Every few weeks I have to prune my news feed by turning off much of the new content.

I think FB is fine if you use it instead of letting it use you.
Exactly, just like anything in life, you have to make it work for your needs. I block the political garbage from whence it comes, and report advertising that i object to. Facebook is free, so you get what you pay for...

I use FB every day. I belong to some special interest FB groups, I private chat with a special friend (the 2 of us, any interested hackers and the NSA if we use any "key words") and my church has a live Sunday service on it now in the time of COVID. I use FB, it doesn't use me.

I use FB every day. I belong to some special interest FB groups, I private chat with a special friend (the 2 of us, any interested hackers and the NSA if we use any "key words") and my church has a live Sunday service on it now in the time of COVID. I use FB, it doesn't use me.
I'm in a couple of support groups there. I think I have 4 followers. LOL

Though I rarely respond except to jokes, I read daily. It keeps me entertained. I belong to a few special interest groups, one that has been very supportive. One group is a local community forum - boy oh boy, do I ever learn lots from it.

Actually not here to preach to the converted but Facebook like any other social media, including even emails and Web browser controls/settings, you/we need to control it, as someone else said don`t let it control you. So many opt-out after a week or so because of the stuff it bombards at you! But if you don`t like it, fair enough, I love it. Most of the settings and control I used when setting up below, BTW if use the Internet NOTHING is private, but then you all knew that?
"Clear" data Facebook gets by tracking you around the web
Keep your location data private
Turn off facial recognition
Stop data collection by Facebook's partners
Guard your account against hackers
Hide your profile from search engines
Limit who sees your photos and posts
Take control over targeted ads
Avoid ads on sensitive subjects
Prevent Facebook from following you on other websites
Protect your privacy on Facebook's other products
Clean up your friend's list, and privacy of same.
All of the above you have control over, if can be bothered of course (only have to do it once)

@Robert59 I tried that site. It's kind of odd. I'm not really sure about it. I will check it out some more.
I found out it's not free like Facebook. You can join for free but to better options you have to pay.

Verified badge​

• $9.99​

Per Month
  • STAR
  • Featured member
  • See profile visitors
  • Show / Hide last seen
  • Verified badge
  • Posts promotion
  • Pages promotion
  • Discount
  • Upgrade Now
  • $39.99​

180 day
  • HOT
  • Featured member
  • See profile visitors
  • Show / Hide last seen
  • Verified badge
  • Boost 10 posts all at same time
  • Boost 10 pages all at same time
  • 10% Discount
  • Upgrade Now
  • $59.99​

Per Year
  • PATRIOT
  • Featured member
  • See profile visitors
  • Show / Hide last seen
  • Verified badge
  • Boost 25 posts all at same time
  • Boost 25 pages all at same time
  • 25% Discount
  • Upgrade Now
  • $279.99​

life time
  • FOUNDER
  • Featured member
  • See profile visitors
  • Show / Hide last seen
  • Verified badge
  • Boost 50 posts all at same time
  • Boost 50 pages all at same time
  • 70% Discount

Last edited:
I found out it's not free like Facebook. You can join for free but to better options you have to pay.

Verified badge​

• $9.99​

Per Month
  • STAR
  • Featured member
  • See profile visitors
  • Show / Hide last seen
  • Verified badge
  • Posts promotion
  • Pages promotion
  • Discount
  • Upgrade Now
  • $39.99​

180 day
  • HOT
  • Featured member
  • See profile visitors
  • Show / Hide last seen
  • Verified badge
  • 10% Discount
  • Upgrade Now
  • $59.99​

Per Year
  • PATRIOT
  • Featured member
  • See profile visitors
  • Show / Hide last seen
  • Verified badge
  • 25% Discount
  • Upgrade Now
  • $279.99​

life time
  • FOUNDER
  • Featured member
  • See profile visitors
  • Show / Hide last seen
  • Verified badge
  • 70% Discount
I can tell you right now it's not worth it. LOL

I’m an active Facebook user, with around 200 friends, all of whom I either know personally (most) or they’re the relative of someone I know and we’ve found a need to create that connection.

I belong to several private groups, two of which I administrate. Plus a dozen or more BST groups with many thousands of users.

Verified badge​

• $9.99​

Per Month
  • STAR
  • Featured member
  • See profile visitors
  • Show / Hide last seen
  • Verified badge
  • Posts promotion
  • Pages promotion
  • Discount
  • Upgrade Now
  • $39.99​

180 day
  • HOT
  • Featured member
  • See profile visitors
  • Show / Hide last seen
  • Verified badge
  • 10% Discount
  • Upgrade Now
  • $59.99​

Per Year
  • PATRIOT
  • Featured member
  • See profile visitors
  • Show / Hide last seen
  • Verified badge
  • 25% Discount
  • Upgrade Now
  • $279.99​

life time
  • FOUNDER
  • Featured member
  • See profile visitors
  • Show / Hide last seen
  • Verified badge
  • 70% Discount
I hate to say it but it looks like a political site. If it is I'm not hangin out there.

I was on Facebook for a while -- mainly to use as a news feed. Now I use Feedly, so I don't have any need for Facebook. I also got swarm trolled on Facebook for something I posted so I deactivated my account. There are a lot of assholes in the world, and some of them are dangerous. I'd prefer not to have anything to do with them if I can help it.

Oh I’m sorry...buy/sell/trade group. Usually grouped by communities or suburbs. Sort of like a garage sale, but the items are listed with photos on the fb group. I’ve purchased many items from the different groups, and sold bunches too.
I was in a couple of those. Couldn't get anybody nailed down to buy anything. I did manage to sell my retro kitchen table and chairs to a couple who lived in the country.

I was on Facebook for a while -- mainly to use as a news feed. Now I use Feedly, so I don't have any need for Facebook. I also got swarm trolled on Facebook for something I posted so I deactivated my account. There are a lot of assholes in the world, and some of them are dangerous. I'd prefer not to have anything to do with them if I can help it.
I love Feedly. So easy to use and it is straightforward in it's interface.

why does everything have to be in an app you download? i don't want all that on my laptop plus some of those apps don't work on laptops. i prefer the webpages myself.

Back