Favorite Classic Cars if You Wanted to Restore One

Of the lest traditional sport cars. I think the MG Classic Roadster is most special to me.
Poole Quay July 15th 2018 014.JPGPoole Quay July 15th 2018 015.JPGPoole Quay July 15th 2018 016.JPGPoole Quay July 15th 2018 017.JPGPoole Quay July 15th 2018 018.JPG
Your choice of classic roadster was my original preference too, problem was, my wife is asthmatic, open top cars are not asthma friendly.
This particular car was the third in the successions of MG T-Series. This one being the MG TC. The most T series produced and exported was the one that followed called, the MG TD.
Finding out that the MG TD was actually based on the saloon model known as the MG Y-Type, (they share about 90% DNA,) inspired me to seek a Y-Type. That's how our MG came to live with us.
Sharing your love of the marque and I still love the two-seater TC, I have written a dedication to our little MG, let me share it with you.

There was a time when motor cars
were serious fun to drive,
back then they didn't have seat belts,
which help you stay alive.
They had quirky things like
running boards and trafficators too,
those were little semaphore arms
that gave the direction true.

Jessica is just like that
in two tone fancy colour,
an MG of classic vintage,
a real beauty to discover.
There's nothing more that she prefers
than to show off in the shining sun,
and be photographed by one and all:
she smiles for everyone.

This classic car has survived the years
and not been torn asunder,
not for her, the breaker's yard,
her body parts to plunder.
Despite her years she's greatly loved,
her lines to be admired,
and she can still put on a turn of speed
to get the adrenaline fired.

Out on the highway she likes to go
and keep up with the traffic.
But serious problems can arise,
when all the cars are static.
The water in her engine boils
and out the steam comes hissing,
she doesn't have a temperature fan
but it's not exactly missing.

It simply wasn't ever there
like modern cars today,
there's so much missing with vintage cars,
it's the price you have to pay.
But for all her lack of equipment
and of technology,
there's something intangible this car has,
this lovely old MG.

It's that distinct smell of old car,
of walnut and of leather,
a fragrance that's so captivating,
it doesn't get much better.
Then there's her style & grace & beauty
and class in overload,
but her greatest asset is the fun you can have,
that comes by the bucketload.

Last edited:
I guess not really a 'Classic' in the eyes of some but I've always really liked the look of the 60's suicide door Lincoln Continentals and would love to have one in mint condition.

1961 LC.jpg
1962 lincoln.JPG

Last edited:
I had a '76 Chevy Laguna S-3 "Slant nose". I loved that car! That thing could go and it rode like a dream. Mine was dark green with a black top and black interior. Boy, did I love those bucket seats! I had a couple of guys try to buy them from me, lol! I said, "What am I gonna use?" They said, "We'll throw a bench seat in here for ya." Yeah, right. Ta-ta, fellas...

Rare 1976 Chevy Laguna S3 “Slant-Nose” Surfaces in Orlando!
Rare 1976 Chevy Laguna S3 “Slant-Nose” Surfaces in Orlando!

Bella ✌️

The Favorite Color Car thread got me thinking about this, but I wonder if many people even think about their favorite cars of the past.

Mine is the 55 Chevy. The 56 was almost the same, but the 55 was a radical new design for Chevrolet, and it was simpler than the 56, which just tried to embellish the 55 with some added foo fah. The 57 lost that feel for me, but yee gods, the 57 Chevy was a popular car. I never owned a 55 Chevy, nor did my family, and I was too young to drive back then.

Of the lest traditional sport cars. I think the MG Classic Roadster is most special to me. That body type is still mimicked in some expensive specialty cars of modern times. The Excalibur comes to mind.
I owned a stick shift 55 Chevy, and it was a great car. Simple, easy to work on and reliable. I have kicked myself many times for letting it get away.

Packard.jpg
1939 Packard, note the right hand drive, lovely car, but at eight miles to the gallon all that's affordable is to sit in the driver's seat making "brum-brum" noises.

Back