Favorite skincare products

I like Alpha Lotion in the winter. Has glycolic acid.

The facial precleanse and cleansing gel is nice from Dermalogica.

My husband got ringworm and it took months to get rid of. I am amazed I didn't get it but we immediately became very careful about hygiene. Fortunately we have separate bathrooms, I changed the bed sheets and his towels daily.
The doctor gave him creams and 3 courses of antifungal tablets. It's all faded now.
The vet checked our dog over, she's clear. He reckons it could be my husband got it from hedgehog's in our garden - he had a foolish habit of popping out there in his slippers. Now he keeps one pair of old shoes for the garden. I spray my shoes if I've been even out on the patio.
Ringworm is itchy and nasty.

For facial cleansing, either hot plain water or Cetaphil for deeper cleansing if make-up has been used. Then I lotion Face and neck with Arvesa Retinol,Collagen and Hyalluronic Acid cream. Not too many wrinkles and skin is soft as a baby's. Gold Bond products are all my other moisturizers. Iove their products.

I agree that Aveeno has some nice products!
This past year, I've discovered their moisturizing bar, "nourishes dry skin" it says, and Fragrance-free.
It's green and soft, so it breaks down easily, and does not last as long as one might expect a bar soap, but it is gentle, and I enjoy using it for my bath, on some trouble areas and sensitive spots, especially.

I dont mind that a bar doesn't last long, since I like the product and its results.

I dont use it for constant hand-washing throughout the day,
or I'd need to buy the company. :LOL:
I prefer something else for hands anyway.

It's nice to see new posts being added to this thread.
Welcome to @birdy

I use Goldbond Foot care, on my very dry feet. I use it at night and wear socks . Then Dr sent me to a dermatologist, he recommended that I use CeraVe for the rest of my very dry skin. The tiny dab works wonders!

Isn't Vaseline made of petroleum jelly? Not sure that's the best thing for skin, but maybe that's just me.
I read once that they discovered the stuff because the oil rig workers had it always on their hands and they had the softest hands in spite of the hard work they did. Originally it was the residue of some sort of rod wax that rig workers would have to scrape off the pumps and then some guy figured out how to purify those scrapings and separate out the petroleum jelly and purified it. They probably renamed today's product because who wants to slather petroleum on their baby's bum?

I "baked" when I was younger and grew up in Florida. I used Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil. I've had several laser resurfacing treatments to remove the damage. I've also had a benign cyst removed from my face.

I used to follow a guy in his 50's on Youtube so I use The Ordinary with caffeine for under eyes and The Ordinary for the face. I use StriVectin for my neck. I'm not sure how much they work but I have no wrinkles. It could be genetic because my mother had beautiful skin into her 80's, but then again she was very fair and never went into the sun. I sure did. Remember this?

Attachments

• Hawaiin Tropic.jpeg
    Hawaiin Tropic.jpeg
    13.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
for you men, what product, if any do you use on skin that is sun exposed daily because of your job and active lifestyle...for arms, legs and/or face? Thank you....women may chime in as well with your responses...thank you ladies!

Stop teasing! ;)

I had a nasty rash that started last Spring. It began around the ears and took over my scalp. Then a finger got infected and I went to the urgent care.

They lanced and squeezed my fingertip and told me to soak it Epsom salts each day for 2 weeks and gave me a course of antibiotics.

I also got a steroid for the rash.

Well that rash started to abate, but then spread down my neck to my shoulders and down both arms. Then on my belly, then the inside of my thighs. Saw the regular Doc and "It's nerves. Stop scratching."

I got a tub of Eucerin Advanced Repair and one of Aquaphor Healing. Then a fat tube of Eucerin Anti-Itch with Oats. Throw in alternation with witch hazel with aloe and for bad days a spray can of aloe with 1% lidocaine.

I took months to get it into abeyance, and finally under control, then gone.

But the other day we had some really bright sunshine, coming in at a low angle when I was taking my BP. Man! In that light my arms' and hands' skin sure looks weird. I think they call it "crepey" skin.

So I'll probably use one of those creams to moisturize, since I have plenty on hand yet. I guess it has been dry for a while with the heat on and all. I think I'll try to use cooler water to shower too, but that's tough in the Winter. It can feel so good just to bask in the warmth!
Do you know what caused the rash D? That would have freaked me out!

@seadoug Your mother had beautiful skin. My mother's skin was supple like that when she passed at 97. I love red in your mom's sweater. That was a great color for her.

I've used Oil of Olay moisturizer for my face and neckline every day. Just the plain, old original formula. Nothing fancy. I've used it for at least 30+ years. For the rest of my body, I like CeraVe moisturizer and if I forget and start getting itchy skin, I use the Itchy Skin formula of CeraVe.

I fried myself in the sun in my younger days, using baby oil or coconut oil, now that I'm old, I have the wrinkle damage from it. I never wore hats or sunglasses, so my face did get a lot of sun damage over the years, I have a light complexion and was always going for the tan. Live and learn. :rolleyes:
Yep, me too, an Irish girl trying to keep up with an Italian husband.

Recently I bought a large container of jergins moisturizer. I used to love the smell of it when I was a kid. My mom would put it on her hands and then rub the extra on my hands. A good memory. I smelled the new container I got and it smells the same as it did many years ago. It's a really pleasant smell! I still have to start using it but I am behind on everything.

Back