Favorite skincare products

@Ruthanne I rub a little over my toe nails, so it acts as a barrier cream, before I shower/bathe. My nails had become dry and I read that water (daily showers/bathing) was the likely cause. I also massage some more in afterwards and it seems to work as my nails are fine now. I find it also works well on hands, elbows and knees - all the areas which can get dry - you only need to use a little and it works a treat :)
Thanks. I'm going to try it. My toe nails get dry, too. 🌸

That's the one I started to buy recently, it really is good. I like the one in the jar better, the tube seems to be a bit thinner and it's hard to get the last of it out of the tube. I bought it for my husband, his hands and knuckles were very dry and he won't use anything, he hates the greasy feeling. He's okay with this, but I still have to push him to use it when his hands feel too rough. I use it once daily, usually in the evening before bed, I think I'll be using this for many years now. 👍
yes I agree with this it's been a little bugbear of mine for the many years I've been using it.. cream tube or Jar..

The tube is horrible for keeping hold of the last 3rd of the lotion, and even cutting it open dries it out almost immediately .. but the drawback that I personally find with the jar is that it seems to be rather more oily , and doesn't seem to soak into my hands as well as the lotion.. rock and a hard place :unsure:.. but I still prefer it to any other hand-cream on the market, and as my hands get easily dry and cracked I use hand-cream every single day

@Ruthanne I rub a little over my toe nails, so it acts as a barrier cream, before I shower/bathe. My nails had become dry and I read that water (daily showers/bathing) was the likely cause. I also massage some more in afterwards and it seems to work as my nails are fine now. I find it also works well on hands, elbows and knees - all the areas which can get dry - you only need to use a little and it works a treat :)
I wouldn't have Vaseline on my feet in the shower.

I use DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil and Velvet Face Coat under my makeup.

For my face I use a serum that I make from organic oils, jojoba, argan, lavender, and rose hips. When I don't make my own I use this one all over my face. Shea Terra Argan and Green Coffee Eye Serum. Contains only: certified organic argan oil, certified organic shea nilotica, certified organic rose hips oil, green coffee bean oil. >> https://www.sheaterraorganics.com/Argan-Green-Coffee-Around-Eye-Serum-1-oz_p_709.html

Shea Terra Organics - Eye Serum Argan & Green Coffee - 1 fl. oz.

I make my own body cream using shea butter, cocoa butter, mango butter, jojoba oil, and other natural ingredients. The only commercial body lotion I buy is from Healthy Traditions. It's not the prettiest packaging but I don't care about that. Their ingredients are unsurpassed. It's what's inside that counts. You can get it in different scents.The unscented contains no essential oils for people with allergies or sensitivities to scents. Ingredients: purified water, organic virgin coconut oil, organic jojoba, emulsifying wax (plant based, no soy), grapefruit seed extract, and virgin palm oil. >> https://healthytraditions.com/collections/moisturizing-lotions

Unscented

Bella✌️

I've used old-fashioned Ivory Soap on my face and body for more years then I like to admit but I have sensitive skin and it's the only soap my skin likes. Back in the day when Caress and other perfume-y soaps were all the rage, I tried them. Loved the smell but didn't like how dried out my skin got. About once a month, I use Cetaphil to "reset" the Ph in my skin but I don't like anything other than Ivory Soap. :)

Mine is very simple. I usually don't wash my face with water but use Kirkland facial towelettes instead. We have hard water here and I see what that does to the fixtures. I use Nubian Heritage lotions and body wash. I keep the Coconut Papaya lotion in the bathroom for after I wash my hands. I added a pump to it because it's a little less rich than the Mango Butter lotion, thus easier to pump out. The Mango Butter lotion is so thick that when I hold the bottle upside down it does not pour out (the bottle must be squeezed). I use that on my face and body
and it smells so good.
imageService-1829824497.jpg

nubian-heritage-mango-butter-body-lotion-rejuvenating-firming-13-fl-oz-384-ml-1047912390.jpg image-2890021819.jpgde65d2c8-b38d-48f2-af14-a42209d41b8b_1.jpg

Last edited:
Mine is very simple. I usually don't wash my face with water but use Kirkland facial towelettes instead. We have hard water here and I see what that does to the fixtures. I use Nubian Heritage lotions and body wash. I keep the Coconut Papaya lotion in the bathroom for after I wash my hands. I added a pump to it because it's a little less rich than the Mango Butter lotion, thus easier to pump out. The Mango Butter lotion is so thick that when I hold the bottle upside down it does not pour out (the bottle must be squeezed). I use that on my face and body
and it smells so good.
View attachment 225927

View attachment 225921 View attachment 225923View attachment 225922
I like the Nubian heritage products, too. What I did with the really thick stuff was to transfer it to a jar. So much easier to get at!

Got any recommendations, @Pinky?
I use whatever my daughter gives me, that she buys from different places online. She doesn't buy Shiseido, which is well known in North America.

One brand is Tatcha, which they sell in the U.S.

Do you have oily skin?

I'll ask my daughter for suggestions as to brands, and post them here :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
i don't moisturize near enough. because of my lungs i don't care for perfume anymore. so i prefer scented lotions. two birds one stone. :)

i bought a rose scented body wash from the supermarket and found a nice big bottle of rose scented lotion on amazon. right this moment i'm a rose smothered burrito in my blankie. :D

I keep my skincare routine very simple. I like Olay daycare cream but use very little. Far more important to me is drinking plenty and proper sleep. I never buy expensive creams as I do not think it necessary.
My skin is aging but not too badly - I've always kept out of the sun.

Thanks. I'm going to try it. My toe nails get dry, too. 🌸

Stop teasing! ;)

I had a nasty rash that started last Spring. It began around the ears and took over my scalp. Then a finger got infected and I went to the urgent care.

They lanced and squeezed my fingertip and told me to soak it Epsom salts each day for 2 weeks and gave me a course of antibiotics.

I also got a steroid for the rash.

Well that rash started to abate, but then spread down my neck to my shoulders and down both arms. Then on my belly, then the inside of my thighs. Saw the regular Doc and "It's nerves. Stop scratching."

I got a tub of Eucerin Advanced Repair and one of Aquaphor Healing. Then a fat tube of Eucerin Anti-Itch with Oats. Throw in alternation with witch hazel with aloe and for bad days a spray can of aloe with 1% lidocaine.

I took months to get it into abeyance, and finally under control, then gone.

But the other day we had some really bright sunshine, coming in at a low angle when I was taking my BP. Man! In that light my arms' and hands' skin sure looks weird. I think they call it "crepey" skin.

So I'll probably use one of those creams to moisturize, since I have plenty on hand yet. I guess it has been dry for a while with the heat on and all. I think I'll try to use cooler water to shower too, but that's tough in the Winter. It can feel so good just to bask in the warmth!

Stop teasing! ;)

I had a nasty rash that started last Spring. It began around the ears and took over my scalp. Then a finger got infected and I went to the urgent care.

They lanced and squeezed my fingertip and told me to soak it Epsom salts each day for 2 weeks and gave me a course of antibiotics.

I also got a steroid for the rash.

Well that rash started to abate, but then spread down my neck to my shoulders and down both arms. Then on my belly, then the inside of my thighs. Saw the regular Doc and "It's nerves. Stop scratching."

I got a tub of Eucerin Advanced Repair and one of Aquaphor Healing. Then a fat tube of Eucerin Anti-Itch with Oats. Throw in alternation with witch hazel with aloe and for bad days a spray can of aloe with 1% lidocaine.

I took months to get it into abeyance, and finally under control, then gone.

But the other day we had some really bright sunshine, coming in at a low angle when I was taking my BP. Man! In that light my arms' and hands' skin sure looks weird. I think they call it "crepey" skin.

So I'll probably use one of those creams to moisturize, since I have plenty on hand yet. I guess it has been dry for a while with the heat on and all. I think I'll try to use cooler water to shower too, but that's tough in the Winter. It can feel so good just to bask in the warmth!
Goldbond brand has a new product called Crepe Corrector. You get a big tube and it's pretty cheap. I put it on my turkey neck and forgot to do it the next. I did see a change though. I'm going to use it again.

I’ve got a device that I use on my skin morning and evening but then I use this. KEEM… it’s all organic & reasonably priced. I use a lot of pure coconut oil too.

Face Care

Back