Feeding routine for orphaned bear cubs

We were in Gatlinburg many, many years ago on a camping vacation and my little niece was having a hard time giving up her night bottle. Several approaches had been tried with no success, until we visited the orphan bear cub center. We approached a ranger and asked if he'd play along with us. He agreed.

Later that day, we came back with her bottles and the ranger told her that they didn't have enough bottles for all the baby cubs and asked if she would be willing to give hers up to the babies. She agreed to and that was that for the bottles. Any time after that that she wanted a bottle, we reminded her how she had helped the baby bears and she was very proud of giving up her bottles.

What I wonder is, what happens when they grow up? They obviously can't be released into the wild. We have bears here, and we don't dare feed them. We have to keep our garbage in the house or they spread it all over the place.

What I wonder is, what happens when they grow up? They obviously can't be released into the wild. We have bears here, and we don't dare feed them. We have to keep our garbage in the house or they spread it all over the place.
Sounded like an attack from the alien movies, lol....

How sweet. That video was awhile ago. I wonder what became of them.
We can't feed the bears in our area either. The ones that we see now and then in our neighborhood cause no problems.
The fall is coming and so is hunting season. I dread it.

Sounded like an attack from the alien movies, lol....
I also have bear mace. I don't want to end up being lunch.
How sweet. That video was awhile ago. I wonder what became of them.
We can't feed the bears in our area either. The ones that we see now and then in our neighborhood cause no problems.
A person always has to be wary. The ones around here haven't hurt anyone, but if a person startles them or if there's a momma bear and cub, one needs to be careful.

Back