FIFA Womens World Cup Soccer

fmdog44

USA 7 Thailand 0 with only 45 minutes in to the game. 2 points first half and so far 5 in the second half ...so far! Never saw such a mauling. Go USA!!!!!!!

US women's team slammed for celebrations after goals

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/0...after-every-goal-disrespect-to-us-flag-764088

Got to say beating up on team from a poor nation with opposition that is probably weaker, smaller is not exactly cause for celebration
The heart and sole of the media is to destroy vs. praise because bad news sells. I would hold off to see how bad Thailand is in future games. Those young American women were experiencing joy in what will be the highlight of their athletic lives. They were "in the moment" and so if one has nothing good to say I think it best to remain silent. USA!!!!!

I watched some of the match-up between Norway and Australia today. Frankly, as an American, I have to learn more about the game since it has been mostly football and baseball around here. That is changing though. Kids are playing in youth leagues. Some would rather play soccer and not have to risk the possible physical injury like concussions from football with their parent's blessing. I think it's a great sport for TV too because the action is constant leaving no time for commercials.

I watched some of the match-up between Norway and Australia today. Frankly, as an American, I have to learn more about the game since it has been mostly football and baseball around here. That is changing though. Kids are playing in youth leagues. Some would rather play soccer and not have to risk the possible physical injury like concussions from football with their parent's blessing. I think it's a great sport for TV too because the action is constant leaving no time for commercials.

There are youth leagues all over... I have a granddaughter (age 9) that lives for her soccer life .. practice twice a week, games on Friday. She is caption of her team, and she is the youngest one on it, with both boys & girls. This had been going on for over two years now and her family lives around the activities.
Older sister plays also, but not with the passion of the younger one.

There is this study: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/f...ndmark-cte-study-for-womens-soccer/ar-AADvqj4

For all those "Real 'Muricans" out there that were rooting for England, they know who they are,

IN YOUR FACE!!!
:D

We watch during the World Cup and it does not matter who is playing. Soccer is growing by leaps and bounds in America and many think it will overtake football as football reportly declines in popularity. This will take many years, but concussions to players (brain injury) is more prevalent than reported in past years. Our great grandchildren play soccer and if you want some real competitive entertainment go watch a team of first graders play. :)

Back