Finally After Two Years I Got My Colonoscopy

fmdog44

After being turned away for the examination because of the Covid I got my colonoscopy today. This time I had to treat myself for two days prior to the procedure because I did not clean out sufficiently on the first one in December. Day one drink a laxative and clear liquids only, no food then the two-liter prep fluid again no food. Only two small polyps were found just like the last one seven years ago. Now, if the biopsy goes well I'm good for another10,000 miles.

Hope I never have to have one.
"Have to have one"? You get them to detect any possible cancer as a measure of prevention. This was my third and I cannot understand the reluctance to get one. You spend one day drinking a prep fluid which is not as bad as some say. Just add Crystal lemon powder to it. You are knocked out cold during the procedure, so you have no knowledge it even happened! My best friend never got one and he was put in the ground a few months ago at 73 years young. Cause of death: Refusal to get a colonoscopy.

After being turned away for the examination because of the Covid I got my colonoscopy today. This time I had to treat myself for two days prior to the procedure because I did not clean out sufficiently on the first one in December. Day one drink a laxative and clear liquids only, no food then the two-liter prep fluid again no food. Only two small polyps were found just like the last one seven years ago. Now, if the biopsy goes well I'm good for another10,000 miles.
I knew they'd get to it in the end.

Here's an interesting article about colon cancer:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6791134/
Ya mean what we eat that ends up in our colon & our lifestyle has a substantial effect on our risk for cancer?
And I thought frequent colonoscopies would protect us! :giggle:
Well, my mom & dad never had one. My mom made it to 85. My dad made it to 88 & died of a fall.
There is a reason we have to sign that document before a colonoscopy: Propofol.
https://www.vice.com/en/article/9akz83/propofol-sedative-michael-jackson-joan-rivers-death

Once every seven years or more depending on your history is a burden???!!! Why get a check-up? Why get a chest X-ray? Why check your blood pressure? Why check your pulse? Why watch what you eat and drink? Why quit smoking? Why drink in moderation? Why bother to exercise?
Packers head coach Vince Lombardi told one of his players while he lay dying in a hospital bed of colon cancer, "It hurts like hell."

Post pictures, we want to see!

80fe22c50ec52e2fe60d18892a6c95dc.jpeg

Once every seven years or more depending on your history is a burden???!!! Why get a check-up? Why get a chest X-ray? Why check your blood pressure? Why check your pulse? Why watch what you eat and drink? Why quit smoking? Why drink in moderation? Why bother to exercise?
Packers head coach Vince Lombardi told one of his players while he lay dying in a hospital bed of colon cancer, "It hurts like hell."
Most of the things you mentioned don't involve risk. And don't involve signing a waiver about the risk of death.

Back