First time out on the porch for Kirby this spring.

Love this, Ruth! Incredibly cute! My birds 'tolerate' misting, but I'm not sure they like it. Today, I put ice packs (those frozen cooler blocks) in a plastic bag inside their cage. Tropical or not, they don't seem comfortable in excessive heat.
I'm glad your bird got to enjoy his outing!

What a beautiful bird. Kirby has character no doubt , I can see it in his face. Sweet sweet sweet :love:

Saved a baby pigeon a few years back. 'It' grew well and manged to fly off. Started it off with frozen peas warmed up which I read on the internet. Had to get them down its throat at first but then 'it' would take from my hand and once pecking on the ground started, fed appropriate seed. Kept in greenhouse with ventilation for protection and 'it' survived.

Hands thoroughly washed every time - obviously:)

Attachments

• pigeon1.JPG
    pigeon1.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 2
  • pigeon2.JPG
    pigeon2.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 2
  • pigeon 3.JPG
    pigeon 3.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 2
What a beautiful bird. Kirby has character no doubt , I can see it in his face. Sweet sweet sweet :love:

Saved a baby pigeon a few years back. 'It' grew well and manged to fly off. Started it off with frozen peas warmed up which I read on the internet. Had to get them down its throat at first but then 'it' would take from my hand and once pecking on the ground started, fed appropriate seed. Kept in greenhouse with ventilation for protection and 'it' survived.

Hands thoroughly washed every time - obviously:)
I just loved the photos. I can see the fuzzy little feathers starting to grow around the head. I'm so happy the bird survived. I would have never thought of feeding him or her peas.

Back