Flu Shots For Folks Over 65 Running Low In My Area

People can do whatever they want to I just don’t want big Pharma to pressure me or use scare tactics to get the sales numbers up.

How does big Pharma do that? I hadn't taken the flu vaccine for many years and never felt pressured to do so. To me what really did it was getting the flu.

What almost no one tells you is when to get your flu shot. As a health care professional for 40 years I have learned that receiving the flu vaccine really gives you protection against the anticipated flu strains of the season for about 3 months. Getting your flu shot in August means that you will only have protection until December. I have seen some mighty sick people get the flu January through March who got the vaccine too early.

Actually, IMO it is best to get the shot in late October so that you have the longest protection for the flu season. Just my 2 cents worth.
90 days?Simply not true. Ask any pharmacist and I mean just that, ask a pharmacist and if you are scheduled to see a doctor ask them.

I really don't get the argument except when one feels pressured to get one. Otherwise, I say do what you want. Why should anyone else care?
Exactly. Some people need reassurance that they made the right decision to get a flu shot - because of their own doubts. One of the ways they get that reassurance is by convincing others to get it.

Exactly. Some people need reassurance that they made the right decision to get a flu shot - because of their own doubts. One of the ways they get that reassurance is by convincing others to get it.

Oh, right. Those people who what to convince other people that getting a flu vaccine is really fine do so because they have doubts that they have done the right thing themselves. They really are just weak, scardy-cat little wimps. But of course they won't admit it. But we know better, correct? :rolleyes:😷

I believe in the flu vaccine and will continue to get my annual shot.

I also want to get the whooping cough vaccine, update my tetanus shot and get the new two-shot shingles vaccine but I'm not sure if I need to wait for a period of time between each dose.

“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” - Benjamin Franklin

How does big Pharma do that? I hadn't taken the flu vaccine for many years and never felt pressured to do so. To me what really did it was getting the flu.

We are bombarded with commercials and pressure from physicians and hospitals to take all kinds of drugs the flu shot being one of them. As I’ve said you can do whatever you want. ❤️❤️

I also want to get the whooping cough vaccine, update my tetanus shot and get the new two-shot shingles vaccine but I'm not sure if I need to wait for a period of time between each dose.

There is no problem getting them within a week or so, the Shingrix should be about 6 months apart.

Don't forget the pneumonia shot. ;)

I got the flu shot in the arm one year and my arm was sore for about 3 months. I have no fat so he probably hit a bone.

I told my doctor about it. So now I get the spray up the nose like kids.

Haven't had the flu for quite a while now.

Back