For fully vaccinated folks out there.

I'm fully vaccinated but with so many incentives, maybe I should have waited. o_O Some states are offering a free donut, a free beer or ballgame tickets. Now, Ohio is offering a chance to win $1 million.

"He also announced some big incentives for people to get vaccinated. Beginning May 26, adults who have received at least one dose of the vaccine may enter a lottery that will provide a $1 million prize each Wednesday for five weeks. On May 18, young people who have been vaccinated can register with the state for a drawing to win a full, four-year scholarship to an Ohio public university, a prize to be offered in five consecutive drawing."

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/12/ohi...andate-june-2-sets-up-vaccine-incentives.html

Seriously, I've gotten my preventative check ups and I'm back at the gym on a regular basis.

I'm fully vaccinated but with so many incentives, maybe I should have waited. o_O Some states are offering a free donut, a free beer or ballgame tickets. Now, Ohio is offering a chance to win $1 million.

"He also announced some big incentives for people to get vaccinated. Beginning May 26, adults who have received at least one dose of the vaccine may enter a lottery that will provide a $1 million prize each Wednesday for five weeks. On May 18, young people who have been vaccinated can register with the state for a drawing to win a full, four-year scholarship to an Ohio public university, a prize to be offered in five consecutive drawing."

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/12/ohi...andate-june-2-sets-up-vaccine-incentives.html

Seriously, I've gotten my preventative check ups and I'm back at the gym on a regular basis.
Yeah, I'm in Ohio too and heard what the Gov. said today, too. I have already been fully vaccinated and had to check what he said twice. Geez, I'm never lucky!

Carried on staying at home except for shopping!

The applied restrictions are for all to observe, there
is no leeway for those who are fully vaccinated, until
next Monday when everything is open as it used to be.

Unfortunately there has been an upsurge of cases of
the Indian Variant of the virus in Blackburn, Lancashire,
this could really upset things.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/four-areas-india-covid-variant-24097588

Mike.

My wife and I have hesitated on overnight lodging since covid-19. We thought we might feel different after fully vaccinated, but we haven’t.

The best to you and your wife.
I'm not crazy about it myself. We've traveled a couple times but we stay in individual houses or condos so no shared ventilation. We did stay in one hotel room and it felt weird.

Been fully vaccinated for a few weeks now so today I met up with my friend (also vaccinated) and went for a walk round the nearby park and we talked non-stop for about an hour and a half. :) On Monday, youngest son and grandson are coming round to my house and I'll be cuddling my grandson for the first time in 14 months. Looking forward to it. 👩‍👦

What have you done since fully vaccinated that you wouldn’t have done before being vaccinated?

Breathing a bit easier now and feeling much more relaxed. Although Mrs. Hazy and I are still going to wear our masks, thinking we still have a long way to go before we see daylight. Another nice thing though, last winter neither of us caught a cold or flu.. 🤧

I will be fully vaccinated come next Tuesday.Sadly I will still only be allowed to do what the government allows.
But on May 29th I will be attending a sporting event in England which is purely coincidence but It will be something I have not done for exactly 15 months.
Allegedly it takes 2 weeks for the injection to take full effect, Furryanimal,
so be careful, before that time is up.

Mike.

Covid restrictions are starting to loosen here, including masking restrictions in most stores. Despite having had Covid and being fully vaccinated, I'm not sure I'm comfortable yet with being unmasked in indoor establishments and will probably continue that practice for a while longer.

Among other reasons, my young grand hasn't had Covid and I'd hate to pick up a case, be asymptomatic, and pass it along to her.

How are other vaccinated folks feeling? Are you taking full advantage of lifted restrictions, not changing your Covid protection habits at all, or something in between?

Covid restrictions are starting to loosen here, including masking restrictions in most stores. Despite having had Covid and being fully vaccinated, I'm not sure I'm comfortable yet with being unmasked in indoor establishments and will probably continue that practice for a while longer.

Among other reasons, my young grand hasn't had Covid and I'd hate to pick up a case, be asymptomatic, and pass it along to her.

How are other vaccinated folks feeling? Are you taking full advantage of lifted restrictions, not changing your Covid protection habits at all, or something in between?
I've postponed medical appointments and overseas trips but now that I'm fully vaccinated I'll resume going to dr offices. No international travel until quarantine on arrival is lifted. I'll continue wearing a mask unless it's too hot like over 90F.

Last edited:

Back