For Old Salt and Dilettante: Have You Watched These SciFi Shows?

I meant to mention that what I like about Peacock is that even though there's commercials, there's only a couple at a time unlike other free streaming services where I've seen 5 commercials back to back. Also when watching movies, they show a couple of commercials before the movie begins and none after that.

Did you work in sales? Because you're doing a very good job of it!
Thank you...I guess I am! 😅 I worked in sales for a short time when I was a teenager. When I was 19, I even got a job as a manager of the toy department of a small department store. Loved that job. But I really didn't have to do any selling (ie: convincing people to buy). The products sold themselves.

No problem. This is the 1st I asked that, I think. Since you have Roku you should be able to get Peacock.
~ Scroll down from Home to Streaming Store.
~ Use the search box and start typing in Peacock.
~ You should see it as soon as you type in the first 2 or 3 letters.
Let me know how you make out. BTW...Hulu is under Disney's umbrella.
Yay, I found Departure under a subsection of Prime called "StackTV!" I have watched a few minutes already and think it will be great!

Yay, I found Departure under a subsection of Prime called "StackTV!" I have watched a few minutes already and think it will be great!
I really like the lead actress in the show. I also like her colleague Dom. I just finished the last episode. Now I'm hoping for a 3rd season. She's been very busy, but I've only seen her in two things: San Andreas and Blind Spot. She's doing more shows along with Departure and is working on new series up to now. Archie Panjabi - Wikipedia

You might not be into "comic book series" but Krypton is pretty good. 2018, just two seasons before cancellation.

A Superman prequel, it's an interesting world that doesn't lean much on the main lore of that story. Interesting world they portray. Great representation for black actors who play meaningful lead roles and do it well. Some Asian cast in the next tier of regulars.

Ann Ogbomo, Georgina Campbell, Colin Salmon, Aaron Pierre

Tubi has it free with ads right now.

You might not be into "comic book series" but Krypton is pretty good. 2018, just two seasons before cancellation.

A Superman prequel, it's an interesting world that doesn't lean much on the main lore of that story. Interesting world they portray. Great representation for black actors who play meaningful lead roles and do it well. Some Asian cast in the next tier of regulars.

Ann Ogbomo, Georgina Campbell, Colin Salmon, Aaron Pierre

Tubi has it free with ads right now.
I thought about watching this when it was on The CW (I think) but I never got around to it. I just removed Tubi from my Roku a couple of weeks ago. I was trying to watch something and the commercials just kept coming! I don't have the patience for that. Most of what I stream is ad free and I guess I'm spoiled now. :)

I thought about watching this when it was on The CW (I think) but I never got around to it. I just removed Tubi from my Roku a couple of weeks ago. I was trying to watch something and the commercials just kept coming! I don't have the patience for that. Most of what I stream is ad free and I guess I'm spoiled now. :)
I don't blame you. Sometimes it feels like they are doing more and more per ad-break. And some commercials have gotten very annoying.

Thanks @OneEyedDiva I've seen the ads, maybe I should look at the full trailer. (y)
Every since Smallville, I've been into shows about young people who have special abilities and are super heroes. Percy has been getting very good reviews; something about it pops up in my news feeds almost daily. A couple of reviewers commented that the series gets more "right" than the movie did. I don't know if you have Disney+ already but I went to their web page to see if they offer any free trials. Doesn't seem like they do.

Thanks for taking the time to look though. I can add this to my list and at some point try to do a month or two so that I can knock out a few binges of things I have been waiting on.

Weren't there two "Heroes" franchise series in the 2000s? I'll have to look, I've seen at least parts of something like that. Also that "Roswell" series.

Thanks for taking the time to look though. I can add this to my list and at some point try to do a month or two so that I can knock out a few binges of things I have been waiting on.

Weren't there two "Heroes" franchise series in the 2000s? I'll have to look, I've seen at least parts of something like that. Also that "Roswell" series.
You're welcome. I remember watching this Heroes, but don't remember another.

I didn't think I'd like Roswell, but really got into it in a rather round about way. First I watched Kyle XY, which I had been meaning to check out and I loved it. For some reason, that was the catalyst for me deciding to watch Roswell. I liked the original better than the reboot that was on the CW.

I forgot all about Kyle XY, it was pretty good. I also liked "The Pretender" which isn't the same thing but had a similar feel to me. I tried to re-watch it recently but I couldn't get back into it somehow.

I forgot all about Kyle XY, it was pretty good. I also liked "The Pretender" which isn't the same thing but had a similar feel to me. I tried to re-watch it recently but I couldn't get back into it somehow.
I don't remember The Pretender, but "Wiki'd" it. Based on the synopsis I don't think I'd be interested. Hey, have you watched LaBrea? 3rd and final season airing now on NBC & Peacock.

Hey, have you watched LaBrea? 3rd and final season airing now on NBC & Peacock.
I was curious, but I missed the beginning of season 1 and then it was paywalled. Season 3 has free episodes yet, but I'd rather start at the beginning.

So being cheap and intolerant of the games often required to shut the money-vampire off after a month or two... I'm not seeing much new stuff.

I enjoy them, think they are Comedies. haha
Like the original B&W Twilight zones. suspense, crazy but often sort of believable.
Prefer "Outlander, Jack Ryan, Hell on Wheels," that kind of Screen.

Last edited:
This one is weird: "Scorched Earth" (2018)

It's either a future-western wet dream of climate alarmists and angry feminists... or a parody of same.

Back