Freaky Fried Chicken 4 you

Best place for it. Did you know there are no calories in fried food if it if you don’t see it cooked. I really am an ostrich about this. It’s a rare time that I eat deep fried foods and I don’t want to think about how bad they are for me.
agreed crap food - next topic please with some good wholesome comfort food of the healthy kind!! - I could feel my arteries brittling up watching that video clip - was that meant to be a good sell???

I currently do mine in our new AirFryer. I use garlic, onion, herbes de Provence, cayenne and hot chili powders. Add the egg and bit of sunflower oil and I use plain cornflakes.

Sometimes, I just marinate the chicken pieces in buttermilk instead of spices above. It's just yummy without the grease. Same time as oven baked but without the drastic heat output required to get the oven to 350°F or 180°C. Neat!

I’d taste this if given the opportunity.

I’ve never seen the technique of prepping the chicken by stabbing it with a fork.

@Jules - A mallet is usually used to tenderize meat, but if you don't have one stabbing the hell out of the meat with a fork will also work. It's not as effective as a mallet, but it does tenderize and also makes marinate or brine more effective. 🙂

Back