From A Wide Spot In The Road

Last night I tried to get a shot of the moon since this is some kind of moon week.
I was not physically able to set up my tripod and camera. I have decided I will start
preparing for a night shot later this afternoon, so that at the appropriate time to night,
say around nine pm, i will go out in my wheel chair, and hopefully sight in the moon,
focus the camera, and take the shot. It is not a difficult thing at all, only difficult for me.

Already have the camera mounted on the tripod. All I need to do ia adjust the tripod
to the correct height, check all controls, make sure I can do what I want to do while
sitting in the wheel chair in the dark, get my portable oxygen in place, then go out tonight with
my small flashlight and focus the way I want to focus then snap the shutter. Hopefully,
I will get a decent photo.

If mission is accomplished I will post the photo in the photography section and then
post it here. If not successful I will mention it no more and go on to another subject,
Like fall leaves,
67A82F8B-C385-4E3C-9A15-A1F4C0A9EE4B.jpeg
or...

EF5EEDD4-7148-4FD2-BD1A-70ED278B4A1D.jpeg
Warthogs.

Last edited:
Decided not to try tonight. Monday night will be an almost full moon and the wind is blowing.
i don't feel like messing with it tonight. So guess it’ll be something else.
A38EBDF1-DF54-47D9-9C21-1703BC3113D6.jpeg

Last edited:
I slept late this morning. It seems to be becoming a habit. I hope not. Generally speaking
I like to rise and shine and make my coffee and get the show on the road. It's a windy morn
with high clouds overhead. Te sun has not shown it's face. Maybe a change in weather,
cooler.

Had word from my brother Ken in Wisconsin and a picture. What one can tell is we all are
getting older. Otherwise things seem to be okay.

The sun is trying to peek through. I couldn't find a sun is trying to peek through photo so I'll
have to fall back on birds or flowers so here goes.
62275BD9-AA9E-44D4-811A-C380E07320E3_1_201_a.jpeg
A faded rose from days gone by... whose stem arises from my harmonica.

Last edited:
I'm about to start a new book. It's a western novel by R.O. Lane, one of the western authors I read. I will be carried away for a few days to
places unknown, and meet people I did not know existed. The title of this book is simply, "Hank: A Western." I trust this author to give me a
good story. This is the fifth or the sixth book I have read by Lane. I expect to be entertained because the other books I have read have been entertaining. What more can you asked of an author?

Last edited:
Last night I tried to get a shot of the moon since this is some kind of moon week.
I was not physically able to set up my tripod and camera. I have decided I will start
preparing for a night shot later this afternoon, so that at the appropriate time to night,
say around nine pm, i will go out in my wheel chair, and hopefully sight in the moon,
focus the camera, and take the shot. It is not a difficult thing at all, only difficult for me.

Already have the camera mounted on the tripod. All I need to do ia adjust the tripod
to the correct height, check all controls, make sure I can do what I want to do while
sitting in the wheel chair in the dark, get my portable oxygen in place, then go out tonight with
my small flashlight and focus the way I want to focus then snap the shutter. Hopefully,
I will get a decent photo.

If mission is accomplished I will post the photo in the photography section and then
post it here. If not successful I will mention it no more and go on to another subject,
Like fall leaves,
View attachment 124469
or...

View attachment 124470
Warthogs.
I didn't know that you needed a tripod to shoot the Moon!:unsure:

Two ways to look at that. One, my hands shake enough so that a moon shot is unclear, fuzzy. A tripod stills the shot, making a good photo with in the camera’s capability. Two, if you shoot at the moon with a rifle, because of wind velocity, and gravity, you are likely to miss. But with a tripod, it acts as a scatter gun, a shot gun, and will capture something, enough foryou to say, “Look what I did.”

It was another good story by Lane. I also read another book by a new author. This is becoming worrisome.
I am reading so much, a book a day or day and a half. My reading budget is about to go through the roof.

I 've been ill for two or three days. Don't think there will be anr more photos?
my doctor wanted to know if I'm ready to call in hospice. i'm not yet but I've been
going through some oxygen starvation and I'm weak. don't know why i'm lying in
bed, at rest,and my blood oxygen is 75, 73. later.

I 've been ill for two or three days. Don't think there will be anr more photos?
my doctor wanted to know if I'm ready to call in hospice. i'm not yet but I've been
I hope this is just a passing setback, and you will soon be feeling much better soon.
Keeping you in my thoughts (( Hugs ))

Love ya mister. Hope you feel better soon!

Yep, feeling better. Went through an Ice storm, with two days of freezing rain and a five day power outage. No heat, no fire, coffee maker did not work, had an oxygen failure. Almost the worst experience I can remember, but I have recovered and I'm good to. Feeling good.

I lost my last brother yesterday morning. He died in Wisconsin. He was four and a half years younger than me.

Okay, going to change my outfit (avatar) put on some clean clothes and act like somebody. @MaciKs, up in the Kansas City area, I hope you are feeling better. You are probably working but sending good vibes your way. Thanks to all who may have wished me well.

Yep, feeling better. Went through an Ice storm, with two days of freezing rain and a five day power outage. No heat, no fire, coffee maker did not work, had an oxygen failure. Almost the worst experience I can remember, but I have recovered and I'm good to. Feeling good.

I lost my last brother yesterday morning. He died in Wisconsin. He was four and a half years younger than me.
Sorry about the loss of your brother Drifter.

Last edited:
One of the first things I did whn the power outage was over and I recovered was buy a perculator from Amazon. During the outage we made coffee but sometie it was weak, sometime strong, and always a hassle with no electricity. The phone was al;so out. In fact, some people here in Norman and in OKC are still with out power here nine days out.

My condolences on the loss of your brother, drifter.
You certainly have been put through the mill lately. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better.

Okay I know everyone is tired of hearing bad news. I'm going out right now and hunt up some of the good stuff. Stand by.
Good-News-7025551.jpg

Back