From A Wide Spot In The Road

Okay, I bought a television last week.They are going to deliver and set it up next Wednesday. I also changed
my internet provider from ATT to Cox Cable. I paid to much for the tv because I had to buy from someone
who would deliver and install it. They also charged me for wall brackets I probably don't need and new chords.
I've worked all morning cleaning my computer room (I call it the office.) I have a large desk, a desktop computer
and printer. Then there is a big back up oxygen system I keep in one corner. On one side of the room I have a
two foot by four foot table I keep my stereo equipment on aswell as two large shelf type speakers. On the other
side of the room I have a two shelf stand I keep some other equipment on that helps me breathe when I'm having
a hard time doing so. I also keep my portable oxygen on the stand. In the corner of that side I have a four drawer
filing cabinet. Under the table the my stero equip[mentsits I keep a small portable peddler, you know one of those
little things you sit in a chair and peddle with your feet like you are riding a bicycle, and in a box underneath
I kkeep some rubber bands for exercising and I thinkl I have my shoe shine stuff also in that box. Everything is
within reach so I don't have to exert myself getting what i need or want.

Right now I 'm playing a Neil Diamond CD, "Home Before Dark."

Another thing I did this morning is inventory my CDs. I had them, most o them, in a cardcboard box underneath
my stereo.I take the CDs out of the cardboard box, there's about seventy of them. I took them out of the box, removed them from their plastic cases and put them into these CD holders. I sort of organized them by Country tracks, Jazz tracks, Easy
Listening, some oddball stuff and finally Christmas CDs. I've got about ninety CDs. Now I can find one when I want it.
I like to have one playing when I'm on the computer. Neil Diamond is still entertaining me. Sometime on a Sunday morning I play religious cds. The room looks better. Now all I have to do is clean off my desk. When we get the tele installed, we'll be back in business.

Dear diary, I've had a good day so far.

Okay, I bought a television last week.They are going to deliver and set it up next Wednesday. I also changed
my internet provider from ATT to Cox Cable. I paid to much for the tv because I had to buy from someone
who would deliver and install it. They also charged me for wall brackets I probably don't need and new chords.
I've worked all morning cleaning my computer room (I call it the office.) I have a large desk, a desktop computer
and printer. Then there is a big back up oxygen system I keep in one corner. On one side of the room I have a
two foot by four foot table I keep my stereo equipment on aswell as two large shelf type speakers. On the other
side of the room I have a two shelf stand I keep some other equipment on that helps me breathe when I'm having
a hard time doing so. I also keep my portable oxygen on the stand. In the corner of that side I have a four drawer
filing cabinet. Under the table the my stero equip[mentsits I keep a small portable peddler, you know one of those
little things you sit in a chair and peddle with your feet like you are riding a bicycle, and in a box underneath
I kkeep some rubber bands for exercising and I thinkl I have my shoe shine stuff also in that box. Everything is

Another thing I did this morning is inventory my CDs. I had them, most o them, in a cardcboard box underneath
my stereo.I take the CDs out of the cardboard box, there's about seventy of them. I took them out of the box, removed them from their plastic cases and put them into these CD holders. I sort of organized them by Country tracks, Jazz tracks, Easy
Listening, some oddball stuff and finally Christmas CDs. I've got about ninety CDs. Now I can find one when I want it.
I like to have one playing when I'm on the computer. Neil Diamond is still entertaining me. Sometime on a Sunday morning I play religious cds. The room looks better. Now all I have to do is clean off my desk. When we get the tele installed, we'll be back in business.

Well, sounds like you've been busy and now you're all set for the new TV. Hope you like it. What brand did you get?

I wish I was as organized as you... I've got to get busy! Maybe you've inspired me.

@RadishRose, I bought a Vizio, 50 inch.

I've been shopping this evening. Well, maybe yesterday evening since it is past midnight and well into this new day. Shopping and playing all the songs
I know that my memory will cough up. Wanting to add a B key and an F# key which I've never had. Then I need a D to replace an old
Suzuki brand. And I'd like to add a Low F. And, if I wasn't so old I'd buy myself a good Chromatic harmonica to play with. Well, those are my toys and it is how I waste time.

Okay, I cleaned the office today. Pulled cout all the furniture, swept and mopped. Cleaned off my desk, my stereo table, and hooked every thing back up,
hiding all the wires and cables where possible. I threw out a couple of thirteen gallon trash bags of trash. Also had a nap this afternoon. Man, I'm hitting
on all cylinders. Going to be cold tonight and I've got to go to the grocery store in the morning. So here's to you, wherever you hang out. Cheers.

Thanks for that description of your office, Drifter....been looking for a small portable peddler, like you mentioned. Where can I find one? :unsure:

Did you ever have A feeling of foreboding...

I intended to go to the grocery store this morning after breakfast and after I had done the dishes and
taken my medicine. So that all over and done with, I dressed warm, checked my car keys, my wallet,
my phone and my inhaler. All I needed was my portable oxygen. But all the time I was getting ready
I had this feeling, 'don't go, stay home, don't go. I paused in the office before getting my oxygen,
thinking why, why this feeling, when briefly flashing before my eyes I saw me slumped over.
It was just a flash with a strong sense of foreboding. I stayed home. The feeling
dissipated. I still need to go to the store but it'll wait till tomorrow or whenever. Still it was strange.
A Feeling of Foreboding...
I intended to go to the grocery store this morning after breakfast and after I had done the dishes and
taken my medicine. So that all over and done with, I dressed warm, checked my car keys, my wallet,
my phone and my inhaler. All I needed was my portable oxygen. But all the time I was getting ready
I had this feeling, 'don't go, stay home, don't go. I paused in the office before getting my oxygen,
thinking why, why this feeling, when briefly flashing before my eyes I saw me slumped over.
It was just a flash with a strong sense of foreboding. I stayed home. The feeling
dissipated. I still need to go to the store but it'll wait till tomorrow or whenever. Still it was strange.

Ordered the Portable Peddler and it's coming today!🎃
dims
dims
th

I've been hanging out on two forums and have begun to think to what end. Why two when I'm such a busy person? I have I think decided to drop one so I can more fully address other issues in my life. For instance, there is the matter of that lemon curd.

That French one, the one I bought to spread out over pancakes and toast, rather than syrup or some of these jams containing too much high fruitose. It was an impulse buy the last time I went to the grocer's. I have been buying my jellies and jams at Tuesday Morning's, having given up on grocery store jellies and jams because of the types of sweetners used but they are way out there on the other side of town and this lemon curd showed up in my grocery store among the grapes and the red's and the yellow's and oranges. Stuck right up there on the shelf. I knew not what lemon curd was. Curd brought up memoried milk curd, sour milk curd. It is not at all what I expected. I thought at first, 'not bad' but then I don't know. It is rather s sooth like a smooth, thin pudding, a little too sweet, I think. But unless one tries it you might just miss out on one of the world's great inventions. Huh?

Last edited:
I have shopped most of the afternoon, online. Haven't bought anything but have looked a t Suzuki harmonicas and reading reviews. Looked at Ukuleles and read reviews. Thought about getting a haircut but nixed that idea. I think I'm going to build a close up Photo
box with fold down windows so I can let light in or block some of it. I've got a small tripod and background paper. I have suffecient light but would need to build a funnel so I could direct that light where it would be most useful. I have decided not to post any more photos online here unless I take them. What I would take is what I could bring to my box. I've a good notion to get out my old
Olympus film camera. I have some good lenses for that one including a close up lens but not sure how I'd get them online if I wanted to show any of them. I may do it just of r the fun of it nd maybe talk to some dark room people. The only thing I can think of is to get a print and then photograph the print with a digital camera.. Well the simple thing to do would be to buy a good digital camera so you could upload them but a good camera is expensive. But what the heck? I'm just thinking out loud. I do think I will try to build a light box. That would keep me both interested and entertained for a while. I'll look into it. Anyone looking in on this got any ideas?

Mine is the first apple computer not to load a cd or disk? I can buy a disk loader for slightly more
Than a hundred bucks. I'm not yet ready to do that. For a few photos I might take.
@RadishRose, Light boxes are boxes lined with white paper or other material to reflect light an allow you to direct light where it is most needed. Thanks anyway for your helpful advise.

We have a new library. It is located about three blocks from the old one and today I tried it out for the first time since it opened on 11-3-19.
It is a days work for me to use. It has two elevators which is good. I checked out three large pring books. It is going to take some getting used to but I'm sure I'll like it when after using it some. But on my first visit, I felt i had been run through the washer, but that's my fault not the libraries. Please note that I am not complaining. I mention the library because it gives me something to say, otherwise I'd be sitting at the desk
reading my dictionary.

Went back to bed aafteer breakfast; slept till one-thirty. Had lunch, read some this afternoon and time on the computer.

Back