From A Wide Spot In The Road

A long drive is the best way to fully charge the battery, short drives won't fully charge it. Electrifying information - I know. ;)
thanks, Gardenlover, haven’t been able to make a long drive. instead, I start the car every two or three days and let it run a while, @Gardenlover.

Fireworks explode above the Hudson River in New York, the United States, on Jan. 23, 2020, to celebrate the upcoming Chinese Lunar New Year. (Xinhua/Wang Ying)10DB73D5-05ED-45A6-8F4F-FDD580B1469C.jpegp8B06EF305-69E9-46C0-97E5-F256078EEA21.jpeg

Last edited:
We got a little snow the other day, about four inches. I didn't get out and shoot any pictures but I did grab a couple through a dirty window.
C23D5C81-2F58-4359-98B3-47E208BB947D.jpeg
You can see a little snow on my bamboo on the south border of my property.

3E252C4A-3605-43D0-A84F-CAA7C35B1B1D.jpeg
And the empty bird feeder has snow on it. This is, I think, the first shot using the manusl mode on
my camera. It's not vefry good but then I couldn't see very good. I guess one excuse is as good
as another.

Let's close off this widespot and open up the highway so it goes on straight into the city. That's where the action
is, where the party never stops, and the soul never dies. Where you can go anywhere and be anything. So get along
little doggie, the city will be you new home.9EA8BA0D-4E15-47AD-AED1-6ED0F49D24EE_4_5005_c.jpeg

Got up this morning early, felt a little stuffy, breathing hard. Made my way to my
office, turned on my lamp by the computer screen, laid my F harmonica atop it
to warm up, them warmed my Bb and Db. Started blowing the F harp, in and out,
up and down, blowing out softly, drawing in hard, hopng to get some of that
carbon dioxite out of my lungs. Not much, if any, will dislodge but the execise
but any out will allow more oxygen in, makes me breath easier, whether it gives
any more flexability or not.

I warm the harps and blow on all ten harmonicas, playing whatever song come to mind.
Sometime a different key will suggest a song. Most take a little practice to get them to
come out like I want them. I practice a few solos, then work on chords. I turn on YouTube
and jam with a group or two, usually New Oreleans street musicians. I am breathing good
and ready to face the day.

I hear my wife yawning and stretching in the bedroom. I shut off the computer,
put my harps away, open the door, and go in the kitchen to put on the coffee.
There's a slow rain falling. It's going to be a good day.

@RadishRose, I may have told this before, if so kindly disregard. Before the harmonica I had a plastic device, calld a spirometer, I think, where I blew and drawed my breath into and out of this device. I dropped it and cracked it so it no longer worked. I regretted it because of all the doctors and nurses I had encountered with my emphysema, one nurse I respected, a nurse who had been practicing a long time, told me by using this plasticic device might someday prolong my life or help save it. She said you've got yourself a big dose of emphysema and we can't cure it but this spirometer will help you. I didn't want to admit I had broken it, so what could I do? I was sitting at my kitchen table, no one at home but me. I thought of a harmonica, you blew into and drew your breath trrough it. I drove to the music store and bought a harmonica. I used it fathfully every day. My wife was still working and no one to hear me but me. It took me the long time to learn to play it.

The people at the VA tell me they call me their miracle guy at the VA hospital, because I should have been dead years ago. My doctors tell me they can't do any more for me but keep on doing whatever I'm doing. My nurses say keep blowing those harps. So that's what I do, daily. I had Charley McCoy and Mickey Rafael on this morning, jamming with them. I thought I might teach them a thing or two. Ha!

Last edited:
@RadishRose, I may have told this before, if so kindly disregard. Before the harmonica I had a plastic device, calld a spirometer, I think, where I blew and drawed my breath into and out of this device. I dropped it and cracked it so it no longer worked. I regretted it because of all the doctors and nurses I had encountered with my emphysema, one nurse I respected, a nurse who had been practicing a long time, told me by using this plasticic device might someday prolong my life or help save it. She said you've got yourself a big dose of emphysema and we can't cure it but this spirometer will help you. I didn't want to admit I had broken it, so what could I do? I was sitting at my kitchen table, no one at home but me. I thought of a harmonica, you blew into and drew your breath trrough it. I drove to the music store and bought a harmonica. I used it fathfully every day. My wife was still working and no one to hear me but me. It took me the lonThe people at the VA tell me they call me their miracle guy at the VA hospital, because I should have been dead years ago. My doctors tell me they can't do any more for me but keep on doing whatever I'm doing. My nurses say keep blowing those harps. So that's what I do, daily. I had Charley McCoy and Mickey Rafael on this morning, jamming with them. I thought I might teach them a thing or two. Ha!
I was an asthmatic child, and when I catch a cold, always end up with asthma the last few years. The harmonica idea is brilliant! I don't do well at the doctors where they have the fireman with the hose on the computer - and get you to blow through the tube so the fireman puts the fire out.

Sitting here at four-thirty in the afternoon sipping a Spanish wine, a red. Goes down like
a fine table wine. Been in my pantry about a year. Good stuff.

I sold my car tonight making me dependent. It also makes me a little sad. i’ve been driving since
I was fourteen. I’m going to buy myself another harmonica and play me some blues.

I sold my car tonight making me dependent. It also makes me a little sad. i’ve been driving since
I was fourteen. I’m going to buy myself another harmonica and play me some blues.
That must have been tough, Drifter. On the other hand, I congratulate you on knowing "when to fold 'em."

Last edited:

Back