Stir fry’s
Caesar salad dressing
Cedar plank salmon with dill dressing
Lemon chicken
Garlic bread
Pesto sauce
Bruschetta
Spaghetti sauce and most good pasta dishes

Garlic has many healing properties. It’s anti bacterial, anti fungal, is an anti oxidant, all helping boost the immune system.

Despite what they say, garlic will not fend off mosquitos. I tested this theory on a fishing trip where I took a lot of it. Stopping off for a beer on the drive home cleared several barstools on both sides of me, … and when I got home even my dog didn't want anything to do with me.
Powerful stuff!

I love garlic, mainly lightly sauteed, or minced and added to marinara sauce and all kinds of food. Once a week I mince one clove and add raw to a green salad. My mother said it kills ''the worms inside your body''. That's a freaky thought, but I still oey her advice.

When I started to cook I would always crush garlic in one of those hand held presses but slowly but surely have leaned how to slice, mince and smash garlic. I start to shake when I am running low so I always have at least a 1/2 a head in eye site at all times. I am sure a chef would laugh at my garlic techniques. The smell of garlic being sautéed in butter or olive oil is amazing!

How to you store your garlic bulbs?

I have them or one, in a small bowl in a cabinet and leave lots of the paper with it. It seems to last pretty well that way.

What's with these "garlic containers"; are they better?

How to you store your garlic bulbs? I have them or one, in a small bowl in a cabinet and leave lots of the paper with it. It seems to last pretty well that way.What's with these "garlic containers"; are they better?

I keep my garlic in the ref.

Re raw garlic for dogs, does it also cause anemia to people? I have raw garlic once a week with green salad.

How to you store your garlic bulbs?

I have them or one, in a small bowl in a cabinet and leave lots of the paper with it. It seems to last pretty well that way.

What's with these "garlic containers"; are they better?

I have one of the ceramic garlic keepers, it has holes in it and I just toss the garlic in.....it keeps for a long time and seldom sprouts.

I like garlic with a breath mint chaser :D

Black Garlic

black-garlic-home.jpg

http://blackgarlic.com/

Back