Get vaccinated or else, says President Macron

mellowyellow

macron.jpg
PARIS, July 13 (Reuters) - Hundreds of thousands of people in France rushed to set up appointments to get vaccinated against the coronavirus after the president warned that the unvaccinated would face restrictions aimed at curbing the quick spread of the Delta variant.

Unveiling sweeping measures to combat a surge in infections, Emmanuel Macron said on Monday night that vaccination would not be compulsory for the general public for now but stressed that restrictions would focus on those who are not vaccinated.

The president said health workers had to get vaccinated by Sept. 15 or face consequences.

Last edited:
The equivalent of a school yard bully.

Well, I'd be going it alone, because all of his huffing and puffing will not, and cannot prevent people from enjoying the necessities of life, but that would be the day I would rollover and allow anyone to dictate to me what I will and will not do as far as medications and vaccinations go.

Shame on the hundreds of thousands that bought into the bully campaign.

i just hope to hell that never happens here in the USA! And it may well be that many people will just up and leave France....
Plenty of other countries are not as aggressive..!!

View attachment 173586
PARIS, July 13 (Reuters) - Hundreds of thousands of people in France rushed to set up appointments to get vaccinated against the coronavirus after the president warned that the unvaccinated would face restrictions aimed at curbing the quick spread of the Delta variant.

Unveiling sweeping measures to combat a surge in infections, Emmanuel Macron said on Monday night that vaccination would not be compulsory for the general public for now but stressed that restrictions would focus on those who are not vaccinated.

The president said health workers had to get vaccinated by Sept. 15 or face consequences.
This is already happening here in Canada. In order for me to visit my in laws I need to be vaccinated so I have an appointment tomorrow to get mine. I couldn’t have a small pox vaccine when I was a child for some unknown reason so I’ll really hoping everything goes ok.

Good luck @Keesha! Hope everything goes well for you.
Thank you. I hope so also. I don’t feel the least bit pressured from the government. My main reason for wanting it is for visiting family and friends. If I don’t have it, I can’t visit them but more importantly, I don’t want to put them at risk. (mother & father in law) They are in their late 70’s , early ‘80’s.

I wish you the best also chic.
By the way, how’s your mom doing?

View attachment 173586

Now that is real leadership instead of permitting hoaxers and cowards to be facilitators of the many variants. (y)

While I agree that there’s no need to shame other members, I think we need to learn to be tolerant and accepting of viewpoints that aren’t the same as ours. We aren’t all going to agree on all topics but we can disagree respectfully and still get along.

I think after what’s happened here recently, I think we should give Marg a break. She has a right to speak her mind even if she’s a moderator.

Come on Rosie. You don’t wanna do this!
I also have a right to not be shamed. Agree to disagree, that's all.

I'm glad I've had the first AZ jab, because we have 20 in ICU this morning (which includes 5 under 30) and some on ventilators for the first time and the 3 week lockdown is extended for another two weeks. With this Delta stain, my second jab can't come soon enough.

Thank you. I hope so also. I don’t feel the least bit pressured from the government. My main reason for wanting it is for visiting family and friends. If I don’t have it, I can’t visit them but more importantly, I don’t want to put them at risk. (mother & father in law) They are in their late 70’s , early ‘80’s.

I wish you the best also chic.
By the way, how’s your mom doing?
She's doing better but had some blood pressures problems, too high, the other day at the doctors. I think it's just the stress of the fire and everything going wrong lately. Hope U and hubs are OK too.

Macron is fighting for his political life and most of the people
in France, according to reports don't like him or his attitude,
this edict could be the final nail in his "Political Coffin"!

Mike.

Macron is fighting for his political life and most of the people
in France, according to reports don't like him or his attitude,
this edict could be the final nail in his "Political Coffin"!

Mike.
I agree that most of this is driven by politics. :(

and then you have this ridiculous shameful situation... I'm actually appalled at this...

A British couple have been turned away from travelling to see their son in Malta after they were unknowingly given an Indian-made version of the AstraZeneca vaccine.

Steve and Glenda Hardy, who received doses of the vaccine in March, were barred from flying by staff working for travel operator TUI at Manchester Airport on Friday.

The retired couple, from Hull, were trying to visit their son, who they have not seen for over a year.

The European Medicines Agency does not yet recognise the vaccine which is made at the Serum Institute of India, even though it is just as effective as AstraZeneca doses made elsewhere.

As a result, it is not recognised by the EU's Digital Covid Certificate which allows those who are fully vaccinated to move through Europe without having to quarantine or undergo further testing.

Some European nations have unilaterally pledged to accept the jab but Malta — one of a handful of countries on the Government's green list of travel destinations — has not agreed to admit visitors who have had it.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...aving-Indian-version-AstraZeneca-vaccine.html

This was in the news today. A 24 year old George man was reluctant to get vaccinated because of all the fear mongering. While on vacation in Florida, he caught covid-19, had a serious respiratory failure, and needed a double lung transplant. He's been in the hospital for three months.

He was a vaper, which may have weakened his lungs, but was otherwise healthy.

This was in the news today. A 24 year old George man was reluctant to get vaccinated because of all the fear mongering. While on vacation in Florida, he caught covid-19, had a serious respiratory failure, and needed a double lung transplant. He's been in the hospital for three months.

He was a vaper, which may have weakened his lungs, but was otherwise healthy.
No such thing as a healthy vaper. Or a healthy smoker.

Back