Gift Wrapping - Is Lazy Sloppy and Disrespectful?

I've been using bags as well, but I feel cheap unless I put some colored tissue paper in there covering the gift. Too much?

You aren’t good at wrapping presents so are suggested gift bags to make it easier. The dollar store sells them they sell tissue paper as well as rolls of ribbons. You cut a foot off to tie the handles together. You can curl the ends with a pair of scissors.
Tissue paper can also be loosely wrapped with no tape or fuss. All this stuff is fairly inexpensive at the $ store.
Your gifts will look thoughtfully presented.
You can even get some name tags so you don’t mix the gifts up accidentally.
You’ve got this. 👍

So my friends and I came up with a idea for helping 'Husbands' with the holiday wrapping chores,
when I was stationed at a radar site in Nebraska.

We asked the local Mall manager if we could set up a booth and wrap presents, with the money going for the local Charity.
The idea was 'We'll wrap your gifts just like you would...'

We cut the paper too small. Patched any holes in the wrapping from different paper and used way too much tape in the wrong spots.
It was a hit and made a lot of money and some families had a better Christmas.

Guys would drop off the gifts and head to the Bar and Grill at the end of the mall and we took care of business.

A 'Win-Win' for all involved.

I noticed the custom where I live is to put your gift in a gift bag and then stuff tissue paper on top pulling some out so it sticks about 4-6 inches above the top of the bag. I being a rebel won't use tissue paper. I get a gift bag put the gift in and use three pieces of scotch tape to hold the top closed. Then I get one of those loopy ribbons and stick it to the front of the bag. VoilĂ  haha. It isn't easy to open the bag but it looks cleaner than the tissue paper sticking out. I know the clan disapproves, but I'm individual.
I think your idea can work too. And if you just use a tiny bit of tape, that bag can be recycled over and over again. I was thinking of suggesting gift bags to my daughter because we've now got a couple of grandkids to give gifts too and it probably be a lot cheaper in the long run (and less garbage in the landfills.). And the older I get, the more unable to remember things like who the bag originated with so it'd be 'new to me' every year.

For a long time I had homemade (by someone else) cloth gift bags. It was great for the kids. Eventually I gave them all away.

Back