Google Pauses Gemini AI

CallMeKate

I guess there's not a news source that isn't biased in some way, but I'll use AlJazeera as my reference. It's reported in all outlets, though. This one is hard to believe. Gemini (formerly Bard) refuses to show white people in images. It showed George Washington as a black man, Nazi SS people as Asians, a POPE as a black woman, etc. Sometimes ya just have to be embarrassed for mankind. Maybe it's a strong hint for people to go back to using their brains instead of letting them be eaten by AI. And maybe Google should stick to search engines? 🤷‍♀️

Google pauses Gemini’s image tool for people after anti-‘woke’ backlash

Disclaimer: All above commentary is a "Kate Opinion" formed using her own brain and not artificial so-called "intelligence."

Last edited:
Not sure how big of a deal this really is. The Gemini AI system is learning, growing, and being nudged by human hands and minds. It's an incredibly complex process and system. Errors and problems are bound to happen, and in cases like this humorous issues may arise. Now it's been noticed, they'll figure it out and make the necessary changes.

These types of systems are forever learning, so we'll have other things happen in the future too.

Not sure how big of a deal this really is. The Gemini AI system is learning, growing, and being nudged by human hands and minds.
Yeah, probably more embarrassing than a big deal. New York Times headline:

Google Chatbot’s A.I. Images Put People of Color in Nazi-Era Uniforms​

This fail is a sure indicator of the problems involved with programming AI. This fail is almost comical if it weren't so PC. It has given me a reason to pause. Anything can be answered with mounds of bias, and will definitely have it built in in some way. So it looks like people will chose the AI that supports their own bias, and makes it stronger. This does not look good at all. I think there needs to be some restrictions applied to this stuff right away.
We have similar dangers with modern scientific breakthroughs. Like cloning, or tech implants. The splitting of the atom was huge. It has either helped or hurt us, I really can't tell.

This fail is a sure indicator of the problems involved with programming AI. This fail is almost comical if it weren't so PC. It has given me a reason to pause.
That's what I was thinking, too... it might be comical now since it happened so early in Bard/Gemini's "life" but then I thought of the implications of all the horrors it could wreak in the future. Not a nice thought. Like in this case.... *someone* had to tell the thing that the white race doesn't exist. Didn't come up with it on its own.

These AI assistants are being employed in thousands of ways right now. What about banking? Geez, Our money turns into either, and poof! Where did it go. The graft I can imagine is endless, and disturbing. The job you can possibly get now will be affected by this. Because it is so hard to get a job, you just take the job, not knowing how the company is really operating. We are unleashing a BIG headache, with no end in sight.

If we could just use it as a toy to play with, and keep it that way or be put in jail, it can be real fun. But, if you have to fact check every bit of important info it spits out it is worthless.

Sum Ting Wong !!!
For a good time, ask it to make you a picture of a Viking on a skateboard.
I like the one from Starryai (free app) :cool: ...

IMG-3719.png

Google is racist

I'm quite certain AI will eventually develop into a very powerful tool that will automate and improve many things. However, like so many things computer related it will be heavily exploited by nefarious types looking to make a quick dollar or simply to cause chaos. This will cause untold mayhem and ultimately limit the potential usefulness of this new tool.

Yeah, probably more embarrassing than a big deal. New York Times headline:

Google Chatbot’s A.I. Images Put People of Color in Nazi-Era Uniforms​

Hey, in a macabre way, it's at least funny. I mean, if Tarantino put that in a movie, people would be calling in ingenious. :D

I'm quite certain AI will eventually develop into a very powerful tool that will automate and improve many things. However, like so many things computer related it will be heavily exploited by nefarious types looking to make a quick dollar or simply to cause chaos. This will cause untold mayhem and ultimately limit the potential usefulness of this new tool.
...and it will happen faster than most people think... it's a real concern...

You know, it won't be the nefarious people we need to worry about. Take something like your credit rating. We all have one, some good, some really good, some bad. But imagine it being attached to any and everything you do and see on the net. Or your criminal record. Or whether you're a divorcee of not. AI will allow the law, and societal norms, to be applied at all times.

Imagine a world where I'm replying to you - Rich - but know you're social standing based on some algorythm. Imagine it using psychological profiles to alert your local police force to your activities.

Sound far fetched? It's really not......................

If I'm not mistaken this is already taking place in China. Check out this article:
How China's social credit system works

Mix in health records, crime statistics, in real time, in your area. And any defined behaviors that might be deemed "dangerous", and you get to see where this is going.

It will be justified by calling it "due diligence", and an absolute allegiance to profitability, and you have an end game where risk is minimized to the nth degree, and we have classes of people clearly defined by opportunity.

Personals - I see this as inevitable. It's not a choice, it's something that will happen because it must.

You know, it won't be the nefarious people we need to worry about. Take something like your credit rating. We all have one, some good, some really good, some bad. But imagine it being attached to any and everything you do and see on the net. Or your criminal record. Or whether you're a divorcee of not. AI will allow the law, and societal norms, to be applied at all times.

Imagine a world where I'm replying to you - Rich - but know you're social standing based on some algorythm. Imagine it using psychological profiles to alert your local police force to your activities.

Sound far fetched? It's really not......................

AI made a little story about this kind of future...enjoy ( If you can ) :)

Back