Got a scam call yesterday saying they were Spectrum.....

Colleen

They left a message on my phone. I actually didn't hear my phone so it went to voicemail. It was a recorded voice that said my 50% discount with Spectrum is ending and I should call the 833 number they left to renew it.

I contacted Spectrum this morning and they told me it was a scam call and they were aware of it and they were working on getting it resolved. The number it came from was a 516 area code (NY). I'm not sure why my phone didn't flag this call as spam.

I know there's other Spectrum users on here so I'm just passing along an FYI in case you get this call/message.

FYI in case you get this call/message
Thank you @Colleen

We're with Spectrum and only get emails from them, like a notification on maintenance
saying there will be a 15 minute down time tween 12 midnight and 6AM
We never get calls from them

You're very wise in calling Spectrum proper to verify

Thank you @Colleen

We're with Spectrum and only get emails from them, like a notification on maintenance
saying there will be a 15 minute down time tween 12 midnight and 6AM
We never get calls from them

You're very wise in calling Spectrum proper to verify
It's pretty bad these days when you can't trust any one :( I never answer calls that I don't recognize their name or number. My phone usually marks them as scam but for some reason, it didn't on this one, so I contacted Spectrum directly. Trying to stay safe isn't always easy :)

Back