Grandchildren's health

A lot of people confuse "allergy" with "intolerance". For instance, I have a mild dairy intolerance. If I eat a small bowl of ice cream, I'm fine; if I eat a huge bowl of ice cream, there will be consequences. That doesn't make me allergic to dairy, though. I just don't eat much ice cream or huge amounts of cheese.

I have some acquaintances who seem to "live" for their allergies. It's about all they can talk about...what they've just found out they're allergic to, what they suspect they're allergic to, how their allergies are so much worse than anyone else's allergies, etc.....

For sure... I know people that seem to collect allergies... and are darn proud of it.. I run out of patience with the chronially allergic.

It sure does seem to me that there is an awful lot of prescribing going on for assorted attention deficit hyperactivity stuff that in years past was just kids acting up.

Maybe I'm out of line here, but I see a lot of so-called "hyperactivity" that could be controlled with some discipline. My late husband had a phenomenal ability to handle difficult children without ever raising his voice. My "hyperactive" nephew and niece became little lambs in his presence; they loved him so much they just "had" to behave. He laid down rules of behavior that didn't have any lee-way. If these rules were followed (and I'm not talking harsh rules, just logical standards of behavior), then the sky was the limit for the amount of fun to be had with him. I have a hard time believing that these children who "couldn't" be controlled the other 20 hours of the day could be good-as-gold the four hours they were with him.

When I read the title of this thread I assumed grandchildren meant 20(or 30)-somethings, since all of us are over 50. That group does seem to be overly concerned about health issues.

Maybe it's all the health and prescription drug advertisements on TV. Or all the contradictory health research studies that seen to come out every hour, maybe it has them paranoid. This probably translates to over concern about their kids.

I suspect there may be a slight backlash against this when their children grow up.

I also think it has to do with all the artificial hormones, chemicals, additives in foods today. Also overuse of vaccines and antibiotics by both children and parents. When we were kids we played in dirt and built up pretty good immune systems naturally, nowadays it seems that parents are keeping everything very sterile and using anti-bacterial soaps and gels may be doing more harm than good.

Kids being labeled as ADD or ADHD is just one more way for greedy pharmaceutical companies to milk the consumer dry with no regard for the people or children, doctors and parents follow along with the program like mindless sheep. All the drugs they give these kids, for no good reason, only make the matter worse with side effects of suicidal or homicidal tendencies.

The vitamins and minerals in our soils are also depleted, so nutrition as taken a downturn...not to mention the GMOs and pesticides, etc. which affect all of our foods and drinks/water today.

I got as far as this post ^ and believe the poster is 100% correct.

Back