"Gray Divorce" - More Couples Over 50 Are Calling It Quits

@MarciKS I think you and others misunderstand my problem with my husband. He has, clearly, mental health issues which have increased over the years and the older he gets the more strange he gets. It’s not that I don’t love him. It’s that he’s mentally ill, which effects me mentally, as he is psychologically abusive and just plain mean.

If he had alzheimer’s I could drop him off somewhere, but he doesn’t. An MRI, a few years ago, showed that he has brain shrinkage. I am sure that must be part of the increase in his negative behavior. If I were less sensitive, and I’ve been told by most people that I am too sensitive, I might be able to tolerate his endless crap; but I can’t.

He has begun to realize that his aging is effecting his ability to function more than my aging is effecting me. This makes him angry as well. There is no solution, except for me to leave, but, as I’ve said. It’s very complicated for me. But apparently it would not be for you.

Venting on the forum allows me some relief, but then, honestly, I have to put up with comments like you’ve made regarding being homeless. I am sorry, but it’s a uneducated comment. IMO.

Anyway, I like you a great deal. Don’t like what you said, but you are entitled to your opinion. I have relatives in Kansas, most of them are dead. 😁

Last edited:
Well, the way the country is going you might be. However, do you know anyone who has been homeless? Try it for a week-think of it as a reality challenge. Live at homeless shelter or sleep on a blanket in your back yard, go without medical care, eat out of a dumpster, walk the streets in the summer heat, use someone’s yard as a toilet, and don’t bathe.

Honestly, you’d rather be homeless? Reality check, you would not. Easy to say, hard to do.
..................................................................................................

Last edited:
....................................................................................................

Last edited:

Back