hacking

You can disable the sign-in screen for windows Janice, I think
that this is what you want.

Rather than describe here how to do it, I have a video from
YouTube that will be better to watch.

The man in the video goes on a bit, but gets there in the end.

Mike.

I use Gmail.......no problems ever.......but i'm probably too boring, for anyone to hack or steal.

these days the hackers may be a automated computer scanning the internet for vulnerabilities... so the target could be you or me or anyone they can find to "hack". it's not that they are specifically looking to hack you or I.

Is this cloud thing only on Windows computers, or does it affect other OS? It occurred to me I never had any problems like this when I had Linux on computers years ago...?????

And if PW's are being accessed that way, can I somehow get rid of it???

My email account was hacked twice recently-AGAIN. The question none of the Microsoft folks could answer: how could this occur when computer and all components were off, disconnected, and unplugged throughout the night? It's not possible anyone could guess my passwords, I use all security precautions I know of, plus scan regularly and nothing was found in the scans. Also, as the last Microsoft rep reminded me, I had two-step verification... yet hacker got in, removed my phone number.

This crap has been going on FOR MORE THAN TWO YEARS. It's affected 2 different computers, I've had 2 different modems. And can't get any help locally.

JaniceM, is anybody else using your computers? Change your password on your PC, change your email login password, and don't let anybody find out what those passwords are. Nobody.

Is this cloud thing only on Windows computers, or does it affect other OS? It occurred to me I never had any problems like this when I had Linux on computers years ago...?????

And if PW's are being accessed that way, can I somehow get rid of it???

I didn't see this post earlier. The "cloud" = personal files stored on big corporate cloud servers. I use Google's services extensively, not only email, but Photos, Docs, Sheets and other Google properties. Knock-on-wood but I've not had any security issues....

I do use Linux operating systems primarily, but do have Windows 10 on a new Lenovo laptop. With Windows I created a "user account" that I mostly log in with, has stripped down privileges, must switch to Admin to make system changes.

Last edited:

Back