Have any of you ever felt something different enters earth's environment during Halloween season?

Yup. Feel it every year when the weather starts cooling off because that's when I get hungry for comfort food. The feeling hangs on until spring, exacerbated by the holidays and even colder weather. It leaves in the spring when I'm about 10 lbs heavier than when it started. I work it off in the garden in the summer heat only to have to rinse and repeat again in the fall.

I feel it too, Barney. It's like Friday the thirteenths. You're feeling the vibes from all the people carried away by the expectations of what the day means. This affects their actions, and many times those actions can affect other people directly. It comes on waves of feelings. Sensitive people pick up on those things..............

And Halloween IS a season. We prepare weeks in advance with all our pumpkins, and oh so many decorations, not to mention preparing the candy and costumes. We look forward to the parades, and expect and want crazy, out of the ordinary things.

I love it. Maybe because my birthday is just before Halloween, but it always seems kind of "special" to me. I love the crisp, cool fall air, and the gorgeous foliage. As a kid, I liked starting a new term in school, which was exciting. It really feels like the beginning of a new year, a lot more than Jan. 1 does. And Halloween costumes and parties were exciting and fun.

All the scary stories, etc. are just that. Not to be taken seriously, can be a lot of fun in small doses.

Halloween is October 31st. They sell candy ( in Halloween packaging ) in October, but that doesn't make the observance of the day a season.

Valentines Day candy goes on sale after Christmas, but that doesn't make it a 'season' either.
If Christmas is a season so is Halloween. It's a celebration 'day' but it's in our presence for a month or more, therefore it's a season to be "jolly"or a season to be "spooky."

Halloween is October 31st. They sell candy ( in Halloween packaging ) in October, but that doesn't make the observance of the day a season.

Valentines Day candy goes on sale after Christmas, but that doesn't make it a 'season' either.
What makes it a 'season' in your interpretation?

Ecclesiastes 3 King James Version (KJV)

3 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

Tis the season to be jolly, Fala lah, lah, lah,.

Back