Have You Applied For Credit Card(s) To Get Bonuses? I Did Recently

We only use Discover card.

Remember don’t ever close a credit card, if you are not using the account just freeze the card and then unfreeze and use it once a year so it does not get closed by the company. Closing an account really effects your credit rating

American Express can go pound dirt. Years ago my DH and I applied for a AE card and were turned down. We didn't make enough money for them to bother with us. I still don't understand it. We were both working, made decent wages and had good credit. Guess middle class doesn't suit them. It still makes me angry when I get a flyer in the mail from them, saying we're "pre-approved" for their precious credit card.
You didn't miss much Caroln, believe me. I only got the first card because it was pre-approved and gives 3% cash back on groceries all the time. My revised American Express motto..."American Express; don't leave home without another card". :ROFLMAO: Costco dumped AmEx and some places just won't take it. Once I tried to use the card for my resort reservation and I was told it was declined. I have no idea why. I was nowhere near my limit and my credit is excellent. I'm glad it wasn't the only card I was carrying.

Last edited:
I have a LL Bean Mastercard which gives 4% back on LL bean purchases, 2% on restaurants, 2% on gas and 1% on everything else. Plus free shipping on LL Bean purchases.

I got a pleasant surprise when I logged into my new AmEx account. They had already credited me the $200! The terms and conditions stated it might not be credited for 8 weeks after the required purchase amount posted. It's only been two weeks. 🤑

Back