Have you ever done something once but would never want to do it again?

Waste several years of my life trying to remain friends with someone who developed a toxic personality.

We were friends for years and the last 5 years or so she became excessively self involved, self important, and a know it all. I grew to hate our "weekly" hour long phone calls that she insisted upon, and when I tried to limit them to less than an hour or less than once a week she became hostile and defensive, tryng to guilt trip me, accusing me of not being a good friend, etc. I just couldn't take it anymore and just quit taking her calls altogether, effectively "burning the bridge".

I won't let myself be roped into a relationship like that again.

Have you ever done something once but would never want to do it again?​

It can be anything at all..
Flying with my boss
In a '48 trainer
Two seater
Prop start
Engine failed
Dead stick landing

Kissed the ground

Latest?
That bowl of old tossed salad that was sitting out
I love old, limp veggies
Ate it all
Turns out, it was compost
Thousand Island seemed to make it all OK
I may get let back in the kitchen
but
it'll be awhile

Last edited:
Try a shot of tequila! My ex had me try it at a bar in the middle of the afternoon....it was so bad, I had a second to see if I was right.
I was.....
After 15 minutes, I could hardly get through the doorway to go home. (I wasn't driving)
Did I mention he is now my ex?!?

Never again! (n)

One thing that stands out in my mind is visiting the Statue of Liberty for the first time and going on the tour that took you up the spiral staircase into the crown (I think or could be the light, I can't remember). I got really lightheaded and felt like I was going to faint. My boyfriend at that time, told the guide because we were near the front. Everyone behind us had to go back down the stairs to let me out.

1. Zip line in a Jamaican rail forest
2. Drop 3 tabs of orange sunshine at a pro football game.
...equals 18 tabs of orange sunshine, yes I agree- too much for just one football game. 😵

My "Have you ever done something once but would never want to do it again?" list starts with:

1. Getting drink enough to eat raw oysters. There's many many more but I'll come back later...

May wife and I were married in April. I was being discharged from the Marines in February. My wife wanted us to be married with me in my dress blues. Not possible being discharged in February. To make her happy, I signed onto the Reserves for 3 years without her knowing and was standing at the base of the pulpit in my dress blues when she walked down the aisle. I had to do a lot of begging and jumping through many hoops to make it happen. Wouldn’t do it if I had the chance to do it again.

I did something once & almost learned the hard way. I'll NEVER do it again.
I was with a group of friends at a restaurant/bar. One woman in the group was a heavy drinker. Since I rarely drink, I don't have much knowledge about alcohol content. I counted 11 times the waiter brought her drinks that I later learned were "Brandy." I saw how little of it was in the bottom of each big glass, so i didn't think she was drinking much.
When we got up to leave around 1:00am, I saw that she was stumbling & having trouble walking & talking. Since I've seen what drunk drivers can do, I told her I would drive her home & take her to the parking lot tomorrow to get her car. Her home (where she lived with her parents) was 10 miles away.
A few minutes into the drive, she went wacko - accusing me of "trying something" with her. At first, I ignored her, but she got louder & louder & then started screaming "Rape" out the window. I sped up to get to her parent's house faster. By the time we got to her parent's place, she had torn her blouse & scratched herself & was screaming hysterically. Neighbors started looking out their windows & two people started coming outside.
Thankfully, her parents (in their 60's) woke up & came & dragged her into the house & nodded "Thank you" to me; they had obviously gone through this many times before with her.
I sped away, worried that someone called police. I'm very lucky she was probably too sick the next day to file a police report, or I could have ended up bankrupt defending myself against a sexual assault charge.
I also later learned that I was even more lucky than I thought; there are men who spent YEARS in prison due to a rape conviction that was later proved to be false when the woman admitted she lied.
I NEVER let any drunk into my car again & never will.
And I think twice before helping anyone.

I saw that she was stumbling & having trouble walking & talking. Since I've seen what drunk drivers can do, I told her I would drive her home & take her to the parking lot tomorrow to get her car.
I NEVER let any drunk into my car again & never will.
And I think twice before helping anyone.
I did something similar once with a very different outcome. The girl was so drunk she could not even direct me to her house. So I took her home and put her on the couch. In the morning she was very hung over, but also quite nice and grateful.

We became friends and I still hear from her now and then. Never saw her that drunk again.

So it doesn't always go badly, but I get your point, suppose I took a risk. I have done similar things since, and so far no problems.

Last edited:
Go down a water slide at a waterpark only to get stuck and have to scoot my way out. Mind you this was when I only weighed about 130#s.

The other thing I do not want to do is take care of an estate of a loved one who has passed. There were wills in place but you still have to go thru a lot of paperwork, dealing with possesions and pets on top of the normal grief you feel.

Back