Have you received a "free gift" from Amazon??????

AprilSun

This past Friday, I had logged in to Amazon and was going to purchase 40 lbs. of cat litter. I combined the litter and her food but still, it wasn't enough to amount to the limit I needed to get "free shipping". I don't have Prime because it's cheaper for me to use the "free shipping" options than to pay the Prime membership. I just don't order enough for it to be worthwhile. So, rather than adding something I didn't need, I checked Ebay and there were some sellers there that had it cheaper in the long run with free shipping. So, I ordered from Ebay instead. Today, I was watching tv and thought I heard a vehicle outside. I looked out and there was the mail truck. I thought that Ebay must use Sunday shipping via the mail also but once I got it opened up, I see a gift receipt from Amazon. I logged into my Amazon account, and so far, I haven't been charged for anything. I may be too suspicious but these days, you can never tell. Have any of you that shop on Amazon received a free gift from there? I am still in shock!

No, but with the amount I spend on Amazon I deserve a big one!

I'm still suspicious! Usually, if it's too good to be true it isn't, so I'm not convinced yet, that it is really free. That's why I asked here. I thought maybe if someone had it to happen with them, they could tell me about it. I guess time will tell or at least my next credit card statement will.

Last edited:
I'm still suspicious! Usually, if it's too good to be true it is, so I'm not convinced yet, that it is really free. That's why I asked here. I thought maybe if someone had it to happen with them, they could tell me about it. I guess time will tell or at least my next credit card statement will.

I've never received one but I have received a small online credit due to purchasing some item. Can't remember what.

This past Friday, I had logged in to Amazon and was going to purchase 40 lbs. of cat litter. I combined the litter and her food but still, it wasn't enough to amount to the limit I needed to get "free shipping". I don't have Prime because it's cheaper for me to use the "free shipping" options than to pay the Prime membership. I just don't order enough for it to be worthwhile. So, rather than adding something I didn't need, I checked Ebay and there were some sellers there that had it cheaper in the long run with free shipping. So, I ordered from Ebay instead. Today, I was watching tv and thought I heard a vehicle outside. I looked out and there was the mail truck. I thought that Ebay must use Sunday shipping via the mail also but once I got it opened up, I see a gift receipt from Amazon. I logged into my Amazon account, and so far, I haven't been charged for anything. I may be too suspicious but these days, you can never tell. Have any of you that shop on Amazon received a free gift from there? I am still in shock!

Are you saying Amazon sent you the litter for free ?? Did you order from Ebay ??

Contact customer service at Amazon and ask. I've found its easier to google the web address than look through all the other stuff.

That's what I want to do but of course, there was not a phone #, etc. included in the package and looking for it on their web site is like "looking for a needle in a haystack". I had thought I would google this morning for their customer service #.

Are you saying Amazon sent you the litter for free ?? Did you order from Ebay ??

Well, right now, I'm still not sure but the package included a gift receipt and a web address telling me to send a thank you note. It has the order ID, etc. which I didn't place. I checked my account online and it doesn't show this package ordered. I ordered from Ebay. I don't mind getting 40 lbs. free but I want to make sure I'm not being charged for something I didn't order! This has bugged me to death. I asked my son-in-law about it and he also thought it was strange and had never heard of it. They order from Amazon all the time. When and if I find out, I'll update everyone.

It is FREE!!!!!!! I finally found a customer service # and was able to talk with a live person. She assured me it was free. She said "It is a free gift for you". She didn't say why but that doesn't matter to me and I wasn't going to ask. I was going to get off as quick as I could before they changed their mind! Now if someone ask me if I've heard of it, I can say "Yes". :)

It is FREE!!!!!!! I finally found a customer service # and was able to talk with a live person. She assured me it was free. She said "It is a free gift for you". She didn't say why but that doesn't matter to me and I wasn't going to ask. I was going to get off as quick as I could before they changed their mind! Now if someone ask me if I've heard of it, I can say "Yes". :)

Wow! How do I do that?!

Ahh.....40lbs. of cat litter, huh? That's one big cat!! I'm curious as to why you don't get the litter at your neighborhood grocery store. I'm not a fan of lugging bags of litter around, either. But I do it.
Rick

They don't sell this brand at my neighborhood grocery stores and it doesn't boil in dust, plus, it's cheaper online than other brands in the stores. I was getting 18 lbs but then I noticed the 40 lbs. were just a few dollars more and you get more for your money this way. The first time I got it, I received 2 coupons from the company itself for 2 free 40 lbs bags. I used them and my grandson got them for me and brought them in. It helps to have strong grandsons!

Wow! How do I do that?!

LOL!! If I knew, I would tell you. All I did was change my mind about ordering from them because I don't have prime and my order wasn't going to amount to enough to get the "free shipping". There was no way I was going to pay shipping for 40 lbs. of cat litter or 40 lbs. of anything!

I had no idea Amazon would do that and lucky you for being the recipient. I imagine by telling everyone about it, it's the free advertising they were hoping for. I wonder if they'll follow up with a discount Prime membership offer to you.

There's a chance that they were able to track via cookies that you went from their site to EBay.

I had no idea Amazon would do that and lucky you for being the recipient. I imagine by telling everyone about it, it's the free advertising they were hoping for. I wonder if they'll follow up with a discount Prime membership offer to you.

There's a chance that they were able to track via cookies that you went from their site to EBay.

I have been wondering if they are going to trying pushing Prime on me. I thought there might be a catch to it because there usually is with companies. I don't want prime because the way I'm doing it is cheaper in the long run. Now if Prime were cheaper, yes, I would get it but not until.

We have prime in the UK because it's the only way to watch a series I like. But we do love the free shipping and it's very quick here most of the time - sometimes next day. There are a lot of things we can't buy in our wee town here and it would entail a trip into the city to get it. So better to use Amazon.

I knew it was too good to be true! Yesterday, I decided to check the tracking on my Ebay purchase. When I did, it stated that it was delivered on Sunday around 2:30 p.m. That's when I became suspicious even more so because that was the time the "Amazon" package came. I looked on the box in the fine print to read the tracking number and it was the same as my Ebay purchase. I logged in to my credit card account and I was charged for this purchase. That is when I logged in to my Ebay account and asked the seller why did I receive a "Gift Receipt" insinuating that it was free when it wasn't. This is the response I received:

[FONT=&quot]"We use Amazon Fulfillment Services to ship out some of our orders. The gift note inside is not intentional and was included because the regular invoice wasn't available for this order when it was packaged.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]"

I think they should find something else to include in their boxes rather than leading people on to think that it is free when it really isn't.

Hey, AprilSun;
Getting 40 lbs. sounds like a great buy. I'm confused ( Believe it doesn't take much to confuse me), where do you get the 40 lb bags. BTW, is this clumping or non-clumping? I tried the clumping kind with my 16 year old cat. He sits in it with his butt outside and goes outside the box. If there's anything in the box from a previous visit, he'll go way outside the box, like on my living room rug. I found out he doesn't like the feel of it. I learned that this is a common thing with cats, which have been brought up with non-clumping litter. So now, he gets , AND USES non-clumping litter.

Hey, AprilSun;
Getting 40 lbs. sounds like a great buy. I'm confused ( Believe it doesn't take much to confuse me), where do you get the 40 lb bags. BTW, is this clumping or non-clumping? I tried the clumping kind with my 16 year old cat. He sits in it with his butt outside and goes outside the box. If there's anything in the box from a previous visit, he'll go way outside the box, like on my living room rug. I found out he doesn't like the feel of it. I learned that this is a common thing with cats, which have been brought up with non-clumping litter. So now, he gets , AND USES non-clumping litter.

It is clumping and I buy it at either Amazon or Ebay. It's according to which one has it the cheapest when I need it and is offering the shipping free.

Well, folks, I think I've found out what's going on. I had ordered 2 separate orders from Ebay and each was a different seller. I received my second package today and it is in an Amazon box labeled Prime with a gift receipt in it also. I did a search using Google for "Ebay Fullfillment Services" and Ebay and got some informative information. It sounds like these people are using their Amazon Prime account to ship some of their packages they sell on Ebay. This explains why I didn't have an invoice but had the gift receipt instead. I found there are many more that have been receiving the same kind of packages and was wondering about it too. I may be wrong but it seems like they are violating the Terms of Service on their Amazon Prime Account. Oh well............

Yes, Aug. 16 I compared Amazon Firestick with Other sellers. I got $5. off to order from Ebay, so I did. Today I received the firestick as a free gift from Amazon. What gives, does anybody know? Is it for real or is there a catch?

Back