HBO series "Watchmen" and "His Dark Materials"

fishmounter

Anybody else watching the HBO series "Watchmen" or "His Dark Materials"? My wife and I are watch both shows. I'm just curious as to what others have to say about these shows. I'll make my comments after a few replies. No spoilers please.

I've got Watchmen on my "watch soon" list. I've never heard of His Dark Materials. What is that about?

It's basically "The Golden Compass" story, but done even better. Pretty good, but I got kind of lost at first. But that's just me. My wife had no trouble following it. Look it up on Wikipedia.

Sorry I don't have HBO; only Britbox which we love. However, tonight we're watching: "Walker, Texas Ranger", "Rifleman" and to top off the evening, "The Streets of St. Francisco".

Oh yeah! I watch Watchmen, which in ways is better than the movie, if a bit more disjointed. There's quite a lot of thought-provoking social commentary there. I can't wait for the appearance of Dr. Manhattan...

I'm watching His Dark Materials having read the trilogy of books a couple of years back. Enjoying it and it's much better than the film The Golden Compass, wasn't impressed with that at all.

I am hooked on Watchman. Jeremy Irons is great in everything he has done. I can't figure out who is who but I love it because it is the weirdest thing I have seen in ages. His Dark Materials I have to catch up on because when it I on there is something I watch. Have you noticed the female lead in Watchmen was the personnel administrator in the Big Bang Theory.

Back