Hello from Texas

Welcome aboard from rural Kentucky. I recently joined myself.

This is an active and friendly forum. Post and participate. U r sure 2 make lots of new friends...

Thank you everyone! Amazing group of people! I'm near Lampasas, Texas. But considering moving near the coast. I'm not quite retired yet, although, I'm planning to keep our dream alive and travel as much as possible! If I don't have someone to directly share the experiences with, hopefully I can share them on here. For now, I keep busy with work and learning new hobbies. Later this month I'm taking my second class on sailing. Loved the first class and I'm hooked!
Lampasas, have driven thru it. Close to Kerrville?

Vintage Hanging Brass Duck Welcome Sign _ Vintage Bird _ _ Etsy.jpeg @LittleRed Sorry for your loss.....no words can make your loss of your true love any less painful. You will find caring, sharing, support and friendship here. I'm sure you'll find SF will fill some of the loneliness. You will always have, the memories, and never ending love of your loved in your heart, mind and soul. Please share with us as much as you feel to. ENJOY your time here.

Welcome from Sydney, you are going through my worst nightmare - being left to soldier on when my other half passes away, thinking of you and believe you are being very brave.

sydney.jpg

Pam, Kerrville is a bit southwest of me. I'm about an hour and a half northwest of Austin.

Mellowyellow, my heart feels for you. John would be very upset with me if I gave up. If I stopped enjoying life. I have to keep his memory alive. That was the one thing he wanted me to promise, to keep his memory alive. I've done some charity work in his name. Mostly in regards to cancer patients. It was cancer that took his life in just 4 months. It is still so very hard to believe. As soon as there were some warning signs, it was already too late. A year ago this month, we found out just how bad things were.

Pam, Kerrville is a bit southwest of me. I'm about an hour and a half northwest of Austin.

Mellowyellow, my heart feels for you. John would be very upset with me if I gave up. If I stopped enjoying life. I have to keep his memory alive. That was the one thing he wanted me to promise, to keep his memory alive. I've done some charity work in his name. Mostly in regards to cancer patients. It was cancer that took his life in just 4 months. It is still so very hard to believe. As soon as there were some warning signs, it was already too late. A year ago this month, we found out just how bad things were.
OK, it's been ages since I've been anywhere near there. I'm originally from Uvalde, Texas and now live in the valley. Welcome again.

Thank you, Llynn. I use to live in Seattle, Washington. I miss the Pacific Northwest. We do have the piney woods in east Texas that reminds me of the Pacific Northwest, except it is no where as cool!

Welcome to the forums, @LittleRed — glad to have you here. I hope participating here helps with the loss of your true love.

The weather in the PNW is pretty hot lately, although I don't know that it's hotter than in Texas!

Back