hello new to your forum

sowseeds

I am a senior citizen who one day started wondering what other seniors are doing in their retirement. I know there are some that travel, but most seniors don't have money to travel like myself, so I thought it doesn't cost anything to write a bucket list and that it shouldn't cost anything or very little to achieve all that is on my bucket list. I own my own home {that is me and the bank}, and it seems like there is no end to the maintenance. I started gardening again, that keeps some of my time at home occupied.

I tell you it gets really lonely at times, and when I get down, I know what is causing me to get down in the dumps so I pick myself up and brush myself off and get busy doing things anything to keep myself occupied. I am learning how to make an art journal, very interesting craft. I would love to have a pen pal, I would like to send cards and letters to vets and just people in general who are lonely and home-bound. I love sending and receiving mail. I even joined the program that the post office has now called "informed delivery" I can see what is coming in the mail. Well that's it basically I hope to meet friends here looking forward to our conversations.

Attachments

• dogwood2.jpg
    dogwood2.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 1
hey @sowseeds... you've come to the right place to make friends, there's plenty people here to keep you busy when you're not gardening.

Where abouts' in the world are you?..Most here are in the USA, I'm in London England, several more people are in the UK, and some in Canada and Australia..so you have quite a mix of ''penpals right here. 😊

I know how difficult it can be to get started on a new forum , but we're a very friendly bunch, so sit back and enjoy, and join in any discussion that takes your fancy!!

welcome-neighborhood-wls-forum.jpg

A big hot welcome incoming to you Sowseeds...simpatico with you, as I'm an avid gardener too. Wherebouts are you in this or some other great land?
I'm in the Texas Gulf Coast region, so do a lot of sub tropical planting.

Back