Henry is coming

She gave Henry his first shot and then started taking him for walks around the neighborhood. She discussed separating him from his mother to wean him. She said she tried for 15 minutes but he cried so she put him back with mom. 🤦🏻‍♀️.

Then she wanted to put a vibrating collar on him, put him in the crate, and use the vibrating collar on him to make him shut up. OMG. I can not teach this nut case how to raise and/or treat a puppy. It just went on and on, so I gave up, got my money back, and will question the next person very carefully and not assume they know how to treat a dog.

The female and puppies were just cash cows for them. 🤮. I feel so bad for Henry. She put him back up for sale before she gave us our refund and is asking even more money for him.

She gave Henry his first shot and then started taking him for walks around the neighborhood. She discussed separating him from his mother to wean him. She said she tried for 15 minutes but he cried so she put him back with mom. 🤦🏻‍♀️.

Then she wanted to put a vibrating collar on him, put him in the crate, and use the vibrating collar on him to make him shut up. OMG. I can not teach this nut case how to raise and/or treat a puppy. It just went on and on, so I gave up, got my money back, and will question the next person very carefully and not assume they know how to treat a dog.

The female and puppies were just cash cows for them. 🤮. I feel so bad for Henry. She put him back up for sale before she gave us our refund and is asking even more money for him.
Whoever gets Henry and his siblings are going to have problems. This person is an irresponsible breeder :mad:

I read somewhere that you might consider getting another dog, it sounds as if you have a lot of experience so if you do make that decision would you consider a rescue? Those poor animals deserve a home and I am sure there is a dog in a shelter close to you with your name on it. Good luck.

Was Henry supposed to be AKC? Can she be reported? Using a training collar on such a young pup is abuse, IMO. :mad: Sorry Aneeda, this is so screwed. :(
Yes, it was so very screwed up, and I feel awful for the pup. If we had lived in a house I would have still taken him because the noise level of his unhappiness would have made little difference, but in an apartment we would have been evicted.

And she talked about breeding her female again. 😡

I read somewhere that you might consider getting another dog, it sounds as if you have a lot of experience so if you do make that decision would you consider a rescue? Those poor animals deserve a home and I am sure there is a dog in a shelter close to you with your name on it. Good luck.
There are hardly any rescues in Utah at this time

Aneeda, if you do get another dog, have you made provisions in advance should something happen once again as it did with Bella when you were unable to care for her and gave her away?

I only ask as I feel that at our age anything can happen anytime and sometimes the result is an abandoned throwaway pet who was once loved and now that love is not there anymore and they wind up either euthanized or in a shelter and not all adjust.

Before adopting Riley I made prep in advance with two people who I know 100% would take this cat and Riley knows both of them. He will come to them, hard at first, but he does know them. Had there not been this agreement never would I have taken Riley in, would have left him at the shelter.

Riley is the perfect example of what was a throwaway pet. He was at one shelter, returned to the shelter, and given to another shelter. Before that I honestly believe he was with a person who died and was left of his own for a period of time. Someone, likely a family member took him in, then packed him off to the shelter.

Obviously that someone has beaten this cat as he was constantly watching my hands and ducking and then going into attack mode, I was scared of this cat but felt he deserved a chance as after the attacks he would hide and then kind of mew as if to say "I'm sorry" I have had six cats in my life so it is not as if this was a first time adoption thing for me.

It has been six months now and finally he is coming around. He lets me comb him, but lets me know when to stop, I was allowed gradually to pet him on the floor and finally, finally, he is now coming on my lap and actually purring.

I only say this Aneeda as I worry that if something should happen to you and you have already made it clear your hubby would not take over, please do not let another dog become a Bella, you think you might be giving it to a good home but you can never be sure, once the dog is gone, it is gone.

It seems as if you are now making friends both human and four legged in your new apartment. Would you consider babysitting other people's dogs?

There are hardly any rescues in Utah at this time
I am happy to hear that but it makes me question what happens to the street dogs? When I talk to dog people some have dogs from high kill shelters in Alabama or California, the dogs are always so grateful. My son found mine online , he is from Mexico and I could not wish for a more wonderful companion. Maybe do some research on other states . Today I met a dog from Korea, she was born into a meat farm, I did not know that even happened. Her first three months she spent her life there, how sad is that.

Aneeda, if you do get another dog, have you made provisions in advance should something happen once again as it did with Bella when you were unable to care for her and gave her away?

I only ask as I feel that at our age anything can happen anytime and sometimes the result is an abandoned throwaway pet who was once loved and now that love is not there anymore and they wind up either euthanized or in a shelter and not all adjust.

Before adopting Riley I made prep in advance with two people who I know 100% would take this cat and Riley knows both of them. He will come to them, hard at first, but he does know them. Had there not been this agreement never would I have taken Riley in, would have left him at the shelter.

Riley is the perfect example of what was a throwaway pet. He was at one shelter, returned to the shelter, and given to another shelter. Before that I honestly believe he was with a person who died and was left of his own for a period of time. Someone, likely a family member took him in, then packed him off to the shelter.

Obviously that someone has beaten this cat as he was constantly watching my hands and ducking and then going into attack mode, I was scared of this cat but felt he deserved a chance as after the attacks he would hide and then kind of mew as if to say "I'm sorry" I have had six cats in my life so it is not as if this was a first time adoption thing for me.

It has been six months now and finally he is coming around. He lets me comb him, but lets me know when to stop, I was allowed gradually to pet him on the floor and finally, finally, he is now coming on my lap and actually purring.

I only say this Aneeda as I worry that if something should happen to you and you have already made it clear your hubby would not take over, please do not let another dog become a Bella, you think you might be giving it to a good home but you can never be sure, once the dog is gone, it is gone.

It seems as if you are now making friends both human and four legged in your new apartment. Would you consider babysitting other people's dogs?
My daughter has agreed to take Stella should I die and husband will not keep her. But husband seems to be smitten with Stella, we will see. You can see Stella on the what are you doing today thread. Otherwise, my back up person is a friend I have met here 😊 who has a Yorkie. But Stella would find a new owner quickly.

We always think we are the only ones that can care for our pet or child, for that matter. But it’s not true, pets and children adjust fast to other people. SLC does not have kill shelters, but doesn’t matter dogs here are placed almost immediately. Bella went to a lovely young woman who worked at Pet Smart and not up for sale or to a shelter.

I am happy to hear that but it makes me question what happens to the street dogs? When I talk to dog people some have dogs from high kill shelters in Alabama or California, the dogs are always so grateful. My son found mine online , he is from Mexico and I could not wish for a more wonderful companion. Maybe do some research on other states . Today I met a dog from Korea, she was born into a meat farm, I did not know that even happened. Her first three months she spent her life there, how sad is that.
Again, we do not have street dogs in this county. I can not speak for other counties. I am sure when Covid is over dogs will once again be more available. We put a down payment on a dog today. I am sure if I die amd my husband rehomes the dog here, a line would form to breed her. However, the breeder is very responsible and would take her back as well.

@Aneeda72 You are so right, about life being short. Love your husband & children, I will pray that things work out for your daughter.

Last edited:

Back