Here Is What's Really Behind the Toilet Paper Shortage

Not true. I work in a large grocery store. We open at 6. 6-7 is Senior hour. This morning, I counted 88 packs of tp, some 2-rolls, some 4-rolls packs. By 7:30, all gone. Now, you tell me.

Not true. I work in a large grocery store. We open at 6. 6-7 is Senior hour. This morning, I counted 88 packs of tp, some 2-rolls, some 4-rolls packs. By 7:30, all gone. Now, you tell me.
What‘s not true? Sorry, don’t understand.

But I did buy TP today, first time in two weeks. Also got laundry soap, yay, distilled water, ketchup, tartar sauce, and scored some diet orange soda, in the brand I like, which, is always hard to find. All and all a good shopping trip for the senior hour.

Don't believe all that stuff, I know whose out hoarding the TP.... caught them red handed in the senior hour.......

89664976-1313218115536677-8979339378144837632-n.jpg

Hasn't your store put a limit on paper products yet? In our area you're limited to one (or some stores) 2 items of tp, paper towels, paper napkins, etc. No one's really complaining about it (except possibly a few hoarders or scummy re-sellers) and I've not heard of any scuffles in the aisles.
I think that some dairy products also have limits of one or two. It all makes sense to me?

They also have to early hour for seniors. I was surprised to only see maybe 2 dozen people, a few with masks. Most were pleasant and the cashiers were still chatting with some of us regulars as we checked out. The store workers were going "full blast' re-stocking and you had to work around boxes, etc., but all in all it was a pretty civilized experience.

Hasn't your store put a limit on paper products yet? In our area you're limited to one (or some stores) 2 items of tp, paper towels, paper napkins, etc. No one's really complaining about it (except possibly a few hoarders or scummy re-sellers) and I've not heard of any scuffles in the aisles.
I think that some dairy products also have limits of one or two. It all makes sense to me?

They also have to early hour for seniors. I was surprised to only see maybe 2 dozen people, a few with masks. Most were pleasant and the cashiers were still chatting with some of us regulars as we checked out. The store workers were going "full blast' re-stocking and you had to work around boxes, etc., but all in all it was a pretty civilized experience.
We have limits on paper items, but the toilet paper is under lock and key, one to a family. Limits on milk, eggs, etc. stores are pretty well stocked except for wipes etc.

A lot of stores had to lock up diapers and formula before the virus and this will probably become the norm. If a person wants one of the giant packs of tp they should be forced to order it at the register and an employee should bring it out to them much like a tv or something at a package pick-up area many stores use for big ticket items.

Yup that is how it works at one of our chain stores here. But we went to target today, first time in a month, and OMGosh, they had toilet paper on the shelves. Three different kinds! One of your choice to a customer. Yup, bought one.

Way back in the first days of the internet, my friend got an email saying the price of sugar and salt was going to skyrocket. The idea was to buy stock in sugar & salt companies. Probably a scam. Well, she went to several store and bought up all their salt. She had cases and cases of salt. The price of sugar & salt never took off. That was in the 1990s, she still has cases of salt. People freak out when they get an internet blurb. Some idiot, via the net, said there was a TP shortage, and it was a self fulfilling prophecy.

Way back in the first days of the internet, my friend got an email saying the price of sugar and salt was going to skyrocket. The idea was to buy stock in sugar & salt companies. Probably a scam. Well, she went to several store and bought up all their salt. She had cases and cases of salt. The price of sugar & salt never took off. That was in the 1990s, she still has cases of salt. People freak out when they get an internet blurb. Some idiot, via the net, said there was a TP shortage, and it was a self fulfilling prophecy.
Dang it, went to the store today and forgot to buy pepper.

Back