Here's how much the covid-19 stimulus will cost you.

Talk about tax increase just for the stimulus, we must not forget about the people coming over the boarder by the thousands now. Most of them not Covid tested and some tested positive for Covid and still allowed to travel. They will be getting Welfare, Food Stamps, Housing, Free Medical and more. Us tax payers will be paying for the stimulus and for the people coming over the boarder. I see in the very near future that taxes will sky rocket for all working people and the retiree's. :(
Undocumented immigrants are not eligible for welfare, food stamps, free medical, etc.

Yep, tax the wealthy and the Companies. Guess who pays for it in the end. Y-O-U!
They are the ones that control Congress. They get all the tax breaks. Strange how certain people hate the so-called Welfare Queens but support Corporate Welfare wholeheartedly. The rich take advantage of loopholes that regular Americans have no access to.

Last edited:
Talk about tax increase just for the stimulus, we must not forget about the people coming over the boarder by the thousands now. Most of them not Covid tested and some tested positive for Covid and still allowed to travel. They will be getting Welfare, Food Stamps, Housing, Free Medical and more. Us tax payers will be paying for the stimulus and for the people coming over the boarder. I see in the very near future that taxes will sky rocket for all working people and the retiree's. :(
I think you've been conned by a certain TV channel whose motto was "fair and balanced."

Well, it won't cost me anything! I don't pay taxes.
For now!
Raising taxes on corporations typically translates to higher prices so in effect corporate taxes are passed along to consumers.

Then there is the idea that a few more trillions will be spent on the infrastructure adding to the debt & obviously the deficit. One way to tax is to pass legislation for a VAT. That way every citizen pays some tax thru purchases.

Include talk of inflation & the way that impacts consumers, the future is beginning to look a little dimmer for everyone.

But let's wait and see what happens over the next few years because there has also been talk of a 3% hike in Soc. Sec. benefits.

For now!
Raising taxes on corporations typically translates to higher prices so in effect corporate taxes are passed along to consumers.

Then there is the idea that a few more trillions will be spent on the infrastructure adding to the debt & obviously the deficit. One way to tax is to pass legislation for a VAT. That way every citizen pays some tax thru purchases.

Include talk of inflation & the way that impacts consumers, the future is beginning to look a little dimmer for everyone.

But let's wait and see what happens over the next few years because there has also been talk of a 3% hike in Soc. Sec. benefits.
I always find ways to get the best prices on things and I'm not going to worry about all that stuff you mentioned. I'm not a big consumer of goods next to buying my groceries and paying my bills.

I always find ways to get the best prices on things and I'm not going to worry about all that stuff you mentioned. I'm not a big consumer of goods next to buying my groceries and paying my bills.
I understand there are many like yourself that for whatever reason don't pay federal taxes & possibly no state taxes on income.

No matter what is spent a VAT on consumer items would help on bringing down the deficit. It would be every little bit helps. But we'll have to wait awhile to find out which administration will have to do something to get America out of the hole that keeps getting deeper. I purposely posted " which administration " because politicians are hesitant about being the ones that increase taxes.

They say death & taxes are the only sure things in life. WE know both are coming just don't know when or how.

Well if the bill passes that raises taxes on the rich and big companies, that should cover part of the deficit. Warren Buffett stated a few years ago that it was ridiculous that his secretary paid more in taxes than he did. He advocated for the rich paying more, paying their fair share of the taxes. And gee...maybe the government will stop wasting money in so many ways and stop trying to be the big wig by sending huge amounts of money to other countries.

Well if the bill passes that raises taxes on the rich and big companies, that should cover part of the deficit. Warren Buffett stated a few years ago that it was ridiculous that his secretary paid more in taxes than he did. He advocated for the rich paying more, paying their fair share of the taxes. And gee...maybe the government will stop wasting money in so many ways and stop trying to be the big wig by sending huge amounts of money to other countries.
To be clear, in 2007 Buffett said he suveyed his employees and compared their tax rates to his own. He learned that the average tax rate for people in his office was 32.9%, while his was 17.7%, which he found ridiculous.

To be clear, in 2007 Buffett said he suveyed his employees and compared their tax rates to his own. He learned that the average tax rate for people in his office was 32.9%, while his was 17.7%, which he found ridiculous.
You're right. I should have said his secretary pays a higher tax rate. Thank you for clarifying Star! That's what happens when I'm up very late, tired and trying to social network. LOL 🤪

..he said his secretary paid a higher tax rate ..big difference in statements .

buffets income is lower capital gains rates for a lot of it which may have been a lower rate back then but not anymore ...the amount in dollars Buffett likely pays is many times what his secretary pays in taxes .

Buffett’s capital gains rate is 23.8% today ..his secretary is likely 12% to 22 %.

but many higher income earners have lots of carry over from expenses of businesses they. Started or other projects they actually spent. Money on .

we have a much lower income in retirement.....but we pay almost no taxes since we closed out our LLC and had all the original costs associated to take ...so the wealthy usually have more going on than is apparent ....it make take us years to finally use up the carry over

Last edited:
..he said his secretary paid a higher tax rate ..big difference in statements .

buffets income is lower capital gains rates for a lot of it which may have been a lower rate back then but not anymore ...the amount in dollars Buffett likely pays is many times what his secretary pays in taxes .

Buffett’s capital gains rate is 23.8% today ..his secretary is likely 12% to 22 %.

but many higher income earners have lots of carry over from expenses of businesses they. Started or other projects they actually spent. Money on .

we have a much lower income in retirement.....but we pay almost no taxes since we closed out our LLC and had all the original costs associated to take ...so the wealthy usually have more going on than is apparent ....it make take us years to finally use up the carry over
Yes...StarSong already corrected me on that a few days ago and I acknowledged my error in expressing (what I actually meant).
"You're right. I should have said his secretary pays a higher tax rate. Thank you for clarifying Star! That's what happens when I'm up very late, tired and trying to social network. LOL 🤪"

Quote Reply

One thing is for certain....with all this government spending, AND NO means to fund it....there will come a time where either taxes are going to be raised to post WWII levels, OR the dollar will become nearly worthless....much like the currencies of other nations which have mismanaged their finances.

If they're not, give it time, they will be very soon for FREE. They will get more benefits then you and I on our dime.
For those that don't think illegal immigration is not a problem there must be some reason for thinking that way. I'd like to know how their thinking about illegals entering by the millions benefits people lucky enough to be born in America.

For those that don't think illegal immigration is not a problem there must be some reason for thinking that way. I'd like to know how their thinking about illegals entering by the millions benefits people lucky enough to be born in America.
Very few Americans believe illegal immigration is not a problem. We are nevertheless not released from our human obligation to treat people with dignity, and to provide for at least their basest needs while sorting out the situation.

Separating babies, toddlers and young children from their parents would be a shocking strategy if employed by Boko Haram. That the US government chose this route was horrifying, infuriating and extraordinarily embarrassing.

Very few Americans believe illegal immigration is not a problem. We are nevertheless not released from our human obligation to treat people with dignity, and to provide for at least their basest needs while sorting out the situation.

Separating babies, toddlers and young children from their parents would be a shocking strategy if employed by Boko Haram. That the US government chose this route was horrifying, infuriating and extraordinarily embarrassing.
This Boko Haram?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ty-for-kidnapping-hundreds-of-boys-in-nigeria

As for dignity millions of tax dollars have been going to those countries over the years to provide for the needs of the population there. Yet the poverty, crime & general living conditions haven't changed & the population continues to grow. At some point enough is enough has to be changed by the population there.

I'm not going to argue politics or delve into the CIA's history of destabilizing governments and other unsavory US actions in Central America.

You asked for feedback about how people felt about illegal immigration and I responded.

I'm not going to argue politics or delve into the CIA's history of destabilizing governments and other unsavory US actions in Central America.

You asked for feedback about how people felt about illegal immigration and I responded.
OK
Different views resolved amicably.

Back