Hi folks

I've been retired for three years and still miss working. I work part time so I don't go nuts watching Hallmark movies all day.
Several years ago I started a blog about houseboats. I called it "buildahouseboat' dot whatever and had fun with it. So, now I'm starting another blog called "random Retirement". I'm sure I won't get rich , but I recommend it for anyone who wants to keep active in the world and keep your wits about you. Starting a blog or website is not really that expensive on a per month basis. I probably don't spend $10 a month. It can be relaxing to put your thoughts on "paper."
If you are a shut-in or can't get out that much it makes a great hobby.
Just a random thought,
Sincerely, Mike

Hi Mike

dda28417aa114ec0abf3c0051d1ad26e.jpg

HI Mike where in this big old world are you ?

welcome61.jpg
Owning a 70 foot narrow-boat as we do I'm interested in your interest in houseboats...
Nice to have you aboard, please feel free to join in any conversations which interest you, we don't stand on ceremony here... :D

Hi Mike! Nice picture! Welcome! I'm new here too! Don't know anything about writing blogs but I write a monthly feature article in an international magazine and have authored three published books. I use this to "let go" and be my silliest self. I don't have to maintain a professional presence or push my "brand". It's fun!

Hi Mike ... I'm new too. I was thinking about getting a liveaboard sailboat, but decided I couldn't handle it by myself, so I bought a vintage Airsteram Landyacht ... similar, but no barnacles to scrape, and the galley is as small. I've love a long boat on a river ... no sails to handle. I'll check out your forum to see what kind of boats you like!

Hello there Mike..so glad you've decided to join us! Please join right in on any discussion unless you like to lurk like a lot of us do...:giggle::coffee:Hope to see you around!

we3.jpg

hi there -my son has a long boat -doesnt live on it just for the odd weekend with kids etc ..
so welcome to the forum ..

Wow, I had no idea there were so many people from around the world on this site.!
We live in western NY. I keep wanting to build a small houseboat, but then common sense breaks into the dream. There is not much to do on a houseboat in Buffalo most of the year.
Thanks for welcoming me ya'll.

WE have a narrowboat..the longest length at just over 70 feet ... they're called either Narrowboats or Canal boats.. and if they're extra wide they're called Barges...

This is a longboat.... :giggle:
maxresdefault.jpg

Back