Hi from Texas

Hi KimWhiz,welcome aboard,glad you found us
You'll meet some wonderful people here from around the world
Ck out the 'retirement' thread here at SF,read how others have adjusted
I retired 8 yrs ago,best decison I ever made.I volunteer 3 mornings/wk at 2 different orgs
Enjoy your stay here,Sue in Buffalo,NY

You were part of a rescue team then fostered dogs?
How long did you do this? What was the hardest part of doing it?

I adore animals; especially dogs and I’d find it difficult getting close to them and then having to let them go. It’d tear me apart so I have great respect for your work. It must take a lot of loyal commitment and dedication but isn’t that what dogs instinctively give?
Yes. I was over a division that pulled dogs from the Sherman animal shelter for 2 years. Purely volunteer. The organization is Dallas based. It was hard walking by the kennels knowing I only had two fosters so could only pull two dogs. Before that I fostered and I did keep one momma that I helped have puppies. Then I helped at the Forney shelter for about a year. It is hard to see the things I’ve seen people do to animals but I had to do it for the good of the animals. I’ve cried many times. So I would focus harder on networking dogs from shelters to other rescues. It got too much with the people politics s I had to take a break. I’m planning on going back but I’m kinda being lazy right now.

They all could use the help. Just be ready for bossy, pushy woman trying to take everything over. Lol. I don’t like drama.

Hi KimWhiz,welcome aboard,glad you found us
You'll meet some wonderful people here from around the world
Ck out the 'retirement' thread here at SF,read how others have adjusted
I retired 8 yrs ago,best decison I ever made.I volunteer 3 mornings/wk at 2 different orgs
Enjoy your stay here,Sue in Buffalo,NY
Thank you!

Yes. I was over a division that pulled dogs from the Sherman animal shelter for 2 years. Purely volunteer. The organization is Dallas based. It was hard walking by the kennels knowing I only had two fosters so could only pull two dogs. Before that I fostered and I did keep one momma that I helped have puppies. Then I helped at the Forney shelter for about a year. It is hard to see the things I’ve seen people do to animals but I had to do it for the good of the animals. I’ve cried many times. So I would focus harder on networking dogs from shelters to other rescues. It got too much with the people politics s I had to take a break. I’m planning on going back but I’m kinda being lazy right now.

They all could use the help. Just be ready for bossy, pushy woman trying to take everything over. Lol. I don’t like drama.
welcometothegroupcup.gif

Back