Hobbies... Everyone Needs One! So What's Your Favorite?

My hobby is photography... I take pictures of everything!!! Not in the same class as our resident forum pro photographer ''OY'' but I love taking them anyway....
I've always enjoyed your pics Holly. The telephone booth libraries was great. Maybe you should re-post them for our new members?

Back then, for several years I was a medical/surgical photographer. I had a studio in a
major hospital. To the general population, my pictures were NOT very pretty.

I used to make clocks; mostly wall clocks. I'd buy the "works" & the hard woods. I'd give them away as presents to relatives and close friends. Haven't made any in many years; got too old for that.

I've been trying my hand at some furniture making. This is mainly because we couldn't find exactly what we wanted , or the size we wanted, of the colour we wanted etc...

This is a display cabinet I finished recently. I bought an ugly cabinet from a charity shop and salvaged the glass from the doors and shelves, and the mirror from the back. The cabinet is made mostly from American white oak, though the drawers are softwood with ply bottoms.

china.JPG

The bookcase has a core of 'chipboard' with an oak veneer and oak framing. It is the same height as the display cabinet.

bookcase.JPG

I've been trying my hand at some furniture making. This is mainly because we couldn't find exactly what we wanted , or the size we wanted, of the colour we wanted etc...

This is a display cabinet I finished recently. I bought an ugly cabinet from a charity shop and salvaged the glass from the doors and shelves, and the mirror from the back. The cabinet is made mostly from American white oak, though the drawers are softwood with ply bottoms.

View attachment 65496

The bookcase has a core of 'chipboard' with an oak veneer and oak framing. It is the same height as the display cabinet.

View attachment 65497

These are beautiful!!

Back