Home Improvement...'falling out of favor'...

Jace

Skylights...
Yah, they give more light...
But...eventually...

You don't see them on roofs anymore..
becoming leaky...etc

Have you ever had?
Any problem(s)?😉

I have seen several houses where the kitchens have been extended to create a much larger space and, to let in as much light as possible, they have skylights. They look great but, I always wonder how they actually clean them.

Skylights...
Yah, they give more light...
But...eventually...

You don't see them on roofs anymore..
becoming leaky...etc

Have you ever had?
Any problem(s)?😉
My parents had skylights put in at their house and cottage and they both leaked. There’s a good chance of them leaking so I don’t suggest them. Get bigger regular windows if you want more light.

I just replaced all mine. I would never recommend them. When I did a new roof, the large skylight in the bath had a leak I was unaware of. New skylight in bath is very nice though. You can see everything so clearly.

If one buys a quality skylight, the right materials and be very picky on how it's installed, there should not be any issues. I don't have leaks, but installed myself and I am a picky bastard that will go beyond what is necessary for any roof protrusion.

have had one for over 27 years, no problems no leaks, put the window in myself.....only in true fashion of a busy carpenter, took me several years before I got the inside trim up. :)

Back