Honk, If You Like Geese!

Miss Goose Herder - 1968

"Various shots in the Dutch town of Coevorden of an annual event to find the best girl geese herder of the village. The girls, dressed in traditional costume and clogs, drive the geese through cobbled streets, passing crowds and judges. ..."

The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle

1446487810-Sherlock_tickets_temp.jpg

england-actors-edward-hardwicke-playing-the-role-of-doctor-watson-and-picture-id79651648
images

The Canada Goose was my late wife's favorite bird. Not far from where I live is a large man made lake and the geese nest here every year. My wife would take bird feed and hand feed them and they got to know her. We would send off for a Canada Goose calendar every year. Her favorite film was "Fly Away Home" and it brought tears to her eyes whenever we viewed it She has a picture of a Canada Goose etched on her memorial seat. Now every time a flock of these Geese fly overhead I think of her

The Canada Goose was my late wife's favorite bird. Not far from where I live is a large man made lake and the geese nest here every year. My wife would take bird feed and hand feed them and they got to know her. We would send off for a Canada Goose calendar every year. Her favorite film was "Fly Away Home" and it brought tears to her eyes whenever we viewed it She has a picture of a Canada Goose etched on her memorial seat. Now every time a flock of these Geese fly overhead I think of her

Thanks for sharing your Memories, Fred!
2018_canandian_geese_calendar-r60f6c712a28a418ebef4c235bc8a09d3_j0omi_8byvr_307.jpg

When geese are sitting on their eggs, beware the protective ganders, they will take a piece out of you if you get too close to the Mums and eggs.

The Canadian geese used to be a migratory bird here but now they have taken up permanent residence. It has become so bad that the parks and apartments with small lakes have posted notices not to feed them. I think our winters here have been a lot milder and the geese are confused. It's become like a tropical paradise for them year round. Some snow and cold but not so much that they want to leave. There is goose poop everywhere: parking lot, on the sidewalks, on people's patios, all over the parks.

Back