Honk, If You Like Geese!

tenor.gif

They are a nuisance where I live. The golf course is their favorite stamping grounds.

Anywhere where the grass is cut low and water is nearby is where they hang out and they make a terrible mess and it's not sanitary because people track it on their shoes.

The local hospital had to do something about it. I don't know what they did but the geese are gone.
let us kill the geese and keep the golf course!

Geese Control Solutions​

You do not want to deal with a geese problem on your own, especially with how nasty these birds are prone to being when disturbed. Hiring a professional bird control company can be your best bet to get the whole thing resolved as quickly as possible. The damage caused by birds runs US residents millions of dollars each year and it can cost individuals more than they can afford. This is one reason why we focus on every aspect of bird control and can help you save a lot of money in the long run.

There are several Geese Management Control options that are available. No Chemicals. No killing. Each control methods have pros and cons and varying expense associated with the method. It is important to understand that the success of each control method will vary depending upon the implementation time frame and the frequency of treatment. For example, if a control method is implemented late in the season after the geese have had a chance to establish nesting, the treatment will be less likely to succeed.

Several control options may need to be integrated to manage the geese populations, which can depend upon the time of year, how severe the bird pressure is, property features, and the size of the affected area.

Aviaway develops a bird management program to remedy your specific goose problem. With over 30 years of designing and installing bird control systems, Aviaway ensures that the bird control program solves your specific bird problem.

Quick story about my experience with geese:
I was driving down a country road and came across a flock of geese just standing in the middle of the road. I stopped, got out of the car to shoo them away and had to run back to my car as they chased me. Then I made the mistake of honking my horn and they attacked my hubcaps. They wouldn't go away so I had to s-l-o-w-l-y pull forward until I cleared the flock.

Moral of the story:
Don't mess with geese. Lesson learned.

"In the middle of nowhere, a flying geese sculpture. Geese in Flight sculpture was begun in 1998 and completed in 2002. The artist chose to sculpt geese because the birds are significant to North Dakota. They fly through the state every spring and fall, migrating north or south. The geese are enjoyed by bird watchers and hunters alike."

FlyingGeese.jpg

Out for a country drive I turned into someone's driveway so I could turn around and go home. A flock of geese came running down the driveway. I thought it was like my dog greets cars that come to the house. But they started attacking the car. I'm happy I didn't get out to greet them. All I could hear were beaks banging on my car. After my escape, I stopped to check for damage. There was none, but I was sure there would be.

Out for a country drive I turned into someone's driveway so I could turn around and go home. A flock of geese came running down the driveway. I thought it was like my dog greets cars that come to the house. But they started attacking the car. I'm happy I didn't get out to greet them. All I could hear were beaks banging on my car. After my escape, I stopped to check for damage. There was none, but I was sure there would be.
They were "on the job"! You're always taking a big chance, when you turn into a strange driveway to "turn around". Hope ya learned yer lesson.;)

Quite a few years back, there was a veterinarian who had a flock of geese behind a wire fence in front of his home. (his office was in another building on the property).

My first visit, I went up to the fence to chat with the geese, then he called to me to stay away; that they were trained to attack. :oops: Instead of a watch dog, geese wouldn't maim anyone.

Dr George Bitgood was a legend here in Ct. This is one of his car collection.

I don't know where he got his money; he was the cheapest vet in the state. I paid $3.00 to have 2 cats spayed and he kept them 2 days .

birdseye.jpg

Last edited:
Quite a few years back, there was a veterinarian who had a flock of geese behind a wire fence in front of his home. (his office was in another building on the property).

My first visit, I went up to the fence to chat with the geese, then he called to me to stay away; that they were trained to attack.
It's been my experience that geese don't need to be trained to attack! ;) I believe it's part of their DNA. :D

Back